which blocks should we use

LSL

We are currently updating a couple of sheds to use as storage for our barn conversion.

But, at the moment they are only 5' high so we need to increase the height, so we are going to remove the  metal roof (knackered) and build the 3 walls higher.  The front has a short wall and then plywood up to the roof.

Hubby has asked me to source 40 lightweight hollow blocks, but these don't seem to exist, only dense ones very heavy ones.

So, can you lovely experts tell me what to use.  It's not for a dwelling, just an old shed built with blocks which we want to make higher.

I have no idea what blocks are already used, just that they are not the hollow ones.  The existing shed will have been built about 1960.

Once our conversion is complete we will be knocking these down as they are right in the way of our driveway to be.

+1

Standard blocks these days are 440*215*100. 

Given you only need 40 the price wont be super critical so i'd probably go to somewhere convenient like wickes and pick up some 3.6N blocks if you are going to knock it down later.

thanks, the existing blocks 450 x 150 x 220, but they are pretty old so probably imperial measures.

As we are just building a level on top of the existing shed I assume it doesn't matter that they don't match completely.

As I said, this is needed for the duration of the conversion so appearance in this instance is not important, keeping equipment dry is what we need.