You're underground what did you expect ?

10 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

So why the flapping fandango don't you install it now?

Or make an inclined plane out of that *GKD)~%! walk-on glazing?

Also I did have a temporary set of wooden steps outside . They eventually rotted away .Fine for me going up and down but with large quantities of materials and ultimately large home appliances I need a new method .

Right !

Dithering on this !

Had some quotes - but I think I need to simplify .

So !

green is the concrete wall - 3 uprights can be bolted to that

orange Scaff 

yellow showing verticals bolted to wall 

This means I can lay Scaf boards across the top part as a platform so loading is easier . Winch load up a few inches - remove Scaf boards then lower down .

So - wooden pallet as lift floor ( would prefer something made of metal to be honest ) . Sling straps from that to a ‘spreader’ then straps to winch 

A1C4F8DF-BC36-4673-B606-B1B1A6288E40.jpeg

Is the jib going to swing? If not, take two opposite poles higher and have a scaffold pole across the two to share the load, I'd choose the ones bolted to wall.

In fact you could take three vertical poles higher then use a ratchet strap as a 'handrail/'edge protection for when you're loading

I still like my original idea, vertical pole in the corner so can’t go anywhere (side to side), bottom of pole pushing into the corner so no need to fix, horizontal pole fixed to vertical pole but overhanging pallet by 200mm with a bolt fixed to end of pole and hole in pallet to stop it swinging when level with the ground. Horizontal pole bolted down into wall or straps behind wall to stop vertical pole pulling away from wall.

pallet slides up and down timber fixed to wall, counter balance weight at end of horizontal pole, it can be loaded and unloaded without swinging. Fixed to winch with straps/cable and spreader bars above height of tallest load you wish to carry.

main advantage of my design is less critical fixings, only the bolt into the wall or straps behind wall are taking any load.

Edited by joe90

46 minutes ago, JFDIY said:

Is the jib going to swing? If not, take two opposite poles higher and have a scaffold pole across the two to share the load, I'd choose the ones bolted to wall.

In fact you could take three vertical poles higher then use a ratchet strap as a 'handrail/'edge protection for when you're loading

No swing . My poor drawing should show the winch hook central . So yes I could just bolt a Scaf pole horizontal between 2 corner poles .

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

I still like my original idea, vertical pole in the corner so can’t go anywhere (side to side), bottom of pole pushing into the corner so no need to fix, horizontal pole fixed to vertical pole but overhanging pallet by 200mm with a bolt fixed to end of pole and hole in pallet to stop it swinging when level with the ground. Horizontal pole bolted down into wall or straps behind wall to stop vertical pole pulling away from wall.

pallet slides up and down timber fixed to wall, counter balance weight at end of horizontal pole, it can be loaded and unloaded without swinging. Fixed to winch with straps/cable and spreader bars above height of tallest load you wish to carry.

main advantage of my design is less critical fixings, only the bolt into the wall or straps behind wall are taking any load.

You should of learn't by now that you have written too many words!. A scribble drawing would be appreciated assuming this is a different design to your other drawing?

I'm getting scaffolding overload!

So this for lift straps

https://www.theratchetshop.com/lifting-slings/webbing-slings/webbing-slings-below-3000kg/1000kg-webbing-sling.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn4SMneX36gIVQe7tCh2S5QgDEAQYAyABEgL9JvD_BwE

TBH most scaf companies aren't especially helpful. I send them drawings and dimensions and they seem to come back asking me to supply a parts list - which of course is what I want them to do....

14 minutes ago, pocster said:

Question!

If I clamp the vertical scaff to the wall does that not mean I can't clamp to it? i.e. the clamp fitting won't be able to go around the steel tube as it's tight to the wall....

Correct, but lap type clamps will be do-able if you build them as you go. But there not as strong, usually used for handrails, and under the planks

21 minutes ago, JFDIY said:

Correct, but lap type clamps will be do-able if you build them as you go. But there not as strong, usually used for handrails, and under the planks

Thanks . I’ve googled lap clamps - but not sure what I should be looking for ....

Like I said Scaff firms expect me to tell them what I want ?

Edited by pocster

1 minute ago, pocster said:

The pit height (below ground to top) is approx 2.7m. So add another 2m on that for the winch/gantry. Max load 150kg

https://sinofirst.en.made-in-china.com/product/BXfQpRdHXcYy/China-Fixed-on-Ground-Hydraulic-Electric-Scissor-Lift-Table.html

quite sure if you hunt you will find ligther duty one and smaller table 

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Like 1

Right!.

I need to get this going! 

The spreader is just 4 scaf poles all linked together with clamps to form a square

What is to stop the straps connected from the floor 'slipping' over the spreader i.e. what keeps them in place?

Use a wooden pallet for lift floor *for now*

So! ( hate scaf websites; all in feet and inches!)

2 x 19ft vertical poles ( these are effectively the supports for the gantry) i.e. corner to opposing corner

2 x 9ft vertical ; these are the other corners

13 x 5ft ; so 4 for bottom brace,  4 for 'floor' level brace , 4 for 'spreader' , 1 to go between the 19ft poles i.e. the gantry

Pole to pole standard fixings x 8 - is this a drop forged double coupler? HELP HERE

'clamp' fixings as against wall x 6 - is this a drop forged putlog coupler? HELP HERE

swivel coupler x1 for corner to corner gantry fitting? HELP HERE

I'm going to try https://www.generationscaffolding.com/en-gb/ as they have a local branch to me so assume delivery will be cheaper ...

Need some help on what fixings/couplers I need; to bolt this all together.

Input required before I push the "Launch nuclear warhead" button i.e. purchase!

Just now, joe90 said:

Sorry @pocster forgot my PAD (pen assisted drawing)

image.jpg

I did think that type of arrangement is what you meant. But I'm more comfortable ( i.e. less chance of my death ) with 4 corner posts I can then stick scaf boards across as a 'loading' platform. Also I'm unhappy ( not as in sad, I've drunk some wine now ) with the counter leaver weight. A corner to opposing corner vertical with a horizontal gantry across means the weight of the lift load is central so doesn't need a counter balance ( if I'm wrong I'll die proving you were right )!

• Haha 1

My old Dad always said “there is no such thing as right or wrong, only opinion!” Go with what your comfortable with ( I will visit you in hospital with grapes) ?

Edited by joe90
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

I did think that type of arrangement is what you meant. But I'm more comfortable ( i.e. less chance of my death ) with 4 corner posts I can then stick scaf boards across as a 'loading' platform. Also I'm unhappy ( not as in sad, I've drunk some wine now ) with the counter leaver weight. A corner to opposing corner vertical with a horizontal gantry across means the weight of the lift load is central so doesn't need a counter balance ( if I'm wrong I'll die proving you were right )!

So @joe90 using PAAI (pocsters Advance Artificial Intelligence ). this arrangement feels better .. ( doesn't mean it is better; just feels better ! )

IMG_1809.jpg

Edited by pocster
(expletive deleted)ing speel check

1 minute ago, joe90 said:

My old Dad always said “there is no such thing as right or wrong, only opinion!” Go with what your comfortable with ( I will visit you in hospital with grapes) ?

No Grapes please. Steak/wine/cash any of; preferred 

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

So @joe90 using PAAI (pocsters Advance Artificial Intelligence ). this arrangement feels better .. ( doesn't mean it is better; just feels better ! )

IMG_1809.jpg

Though.....

Should I brace these? i.e. ... ( more wine please ; reality is slipping back in !) 

IMG_1810.jpg

On 27/07/2020 at 11:50, pocster said:

Because other works have to be done before a staircase can go in .

Anyway I still want a lift for the tons of materials not up / down a staircase.

Now then, how wide/deep is this hole you want to hoist stuff up and down? Is it big enough to accommodate a spiral  staircase (or a straight sort that bends round the corners whatever those are called) with a central hole large enough to get your fridge down? If so the solution is pretty straightforward I think.

Edited by Reiver