Mvhr inlet and outlet location

Getting towards the end of my build... the time has come to buy the MVHR unit and install.

Think I’m going for the vent-axia sentinel sx from BPC, although they look to be suffering post lockdown stock availability at the moment... Anyone actually got one in operation?

My dilemma is where to place the inlet and outlet. The unit is going into the external plant room on the side of the property, on the inside adjacent to A and B.

The prevailing wind is from the South West (where the gazebo is), the obvious and easiest is to put the extract at point A and the inlet at point B. But I have read that if they are not on the same elevation an imbalance can occur, or is that more the case of being on opposite sides of the house, rather than a plant room? Otherwise I could put extract at B and inlet at C ( or even D if a 2 meter distance between is too close and 4m would be better).

The plant room is 4.6m long and 1m deep.

Advice much appreciated!

C0C6E978-4FC1-48CF-9CEA-23726482A7A5.jpeg

7B24BB63-31A5-4A6C-95AB-429168F6B11A.jpeg

D887760C-CFAB-4966-B0E0-78C0EE06EC8C.jpeg

13 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

Intake at D, exhaust at B. I will be separating mine by 3m but others have suggested that less is OK. 

Same elevation. Exhaust down-wind from intake.

+1 Same elevation, as far apart as possible, mine are 4m apart.

• Thanks 1

I have the Vent Axia Sentinel - pleased with it. Easy to self install and easy to clean/change filters and the condensing unit.

Just watch taking the front off - if you use too much force or a high torque driver you can strip the screw heads. Manual screwdriver and slow and steady is best!