Sewage and drinking water connection

london8

I would like to know your own experiences about the costs to have the connection of drinking water and sewage done to the public system.

- The location?
- How many metres from your house to the street to the main pipe?
- The price?

I am making this research to know the average cost to make my own plans. Many thanks.

I can start off.

Potable water (work will be done in the next couple of months): 35 metre communication pipe in a non-adopted road (concrete surface) is about £110 per meter (by my contractor). The Cambridge Water connection cost to the mains is as follows:

image.thumb.png.8f9ac823301971fe0f60b9ba784cf197.png

Note: this price is from before April 2020 and I think it is due to rise a bit because of annual price rises.

Sorry, don't have costings for drains connections yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, london8 said:

I would like to know your own experiences about the costs to have the connection of drinking water and sewage done to the public system.

- The location?
- How many metres from your house to the street to the main pipe?
- The price?

I am making this research to know the average cost to make my own plans. Many thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

It's not very safe to use an average figure as prices can vary a lot depending on the situation. In some cases you could be diggng short distances across grass verges  and in others hundreds of yards along a road.  Some work you can do yourself and some has to be done by a contractor working for the utility company. Some utility companies seem to exploit this and charge extortionate rates compared to what you could do it for yourself.

I would budget  £120-£150 per meter in grass and £200-300 per meter in tarmac plus anywhere from £1000-£5000 per connection.

Much higher fgures of aren't unheard of..

• Like 1

Scottish Water, north of Scotland.

connection to water main the other side of a single track road and about 3 metres into the field, was about £1000 for the connection including all fees, and another £1000 to make the road crossing (which was also used for other services)

No main drainage here so private treatment plant.

• Like 1