Hello

I submitted my CIL forms 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone know how long the LPA take to respond to this as I can't do anything until they do.

I know I still need to submit a commencement CIL when I do start, but I have some pre-start conditions which I don't want to sort out until I have the initial response.

thanks in advance

Jill

Welcome to the forum. 

Seems to vary a lot is all I can say. 

36 minutes ago, LSL said:

I know I still need to submit a commencement CIL when I do start

ESSENTIAL you do that BEFORE you start any work on site. Definitely wait for them to acknowledge receipt of that one before you start.

I still haven't heard, so I think I will do a polite chase today as it's nearly 3 weeks now and I can't get the contamination phase 2 started until I hear from them.

Does anyone know if I will need to submit the commencement CIL for the phase 2 survey to start as that's not actual building.

It's a planning condition to have this done before starting development.

Edited by LSL

Right, after worrying this came through today, but can you reassure me that this means that we have the exemption.

This development is CIL chargeable under the CIL Regulations 2010 (as amended).

Please find enclosed CIL Liability Notice setting out the charge payable on the commencement of the development. You are receiving this notice as the party that has assumed liability for the CIL charge.

As the existing building gross internal floor area is greater than the proposed internal floor area (and the Form 5 declares that it has been in lawful use for a continuous period of 6 months within the last 36 months) the CIL charge has been calculated as zero.

If you could please confirm the date of commencement for our records and to remove the land charge.

You have accepted liability of the cill and it looks like no exemption is required as no charge is applicable. 

Charges being based on increase in floor area. 

Does their calculation of a reduction in floor area seem accurate?

+1

I assume this is a knock down and replace?

They are saying the new build will be smaller than the one you are demolishing so there is no cil to pay. Is that the case?

This is better than using the self build exemption because there are no strings (no need to live there for 3 years after completion).