concrete that will set under water

scottishjohn

picces as requested of current set up

comes in through the wall goes underground to stone culvert which as been connected in past to those  those badly aligned concrete pipe ,then down a stone chimney in the damaged retaining wall

then across the courtyard in a a deep channel then under road  and down the quarry side to the lake

01010061.JPG

01010062.JPG

01010078.JPG

01010080.JPG

01010081.JPG

01010070.JPG

01010068.JPG

01010069.JPG

01010066.JPG

01010067.JPG

01010074.JPG

01010071.JPG

Edited by scottishjohn

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Interesting, shame not to use it, re the walls, are you going on a dry stone walling course ? ? you have plenty of material.

when i can get the water tested  and if it comes back treatable --then yes it is the cheapest and simplest answer 

seems this -  https://www.freeflush.co.uk/collections/drinking-water-filters/products/hydroinfinity-integrated-drinking-water-treatment-console and a storage tank plumbed so it is flushed continually by stream 

the water course has to be repaired anyway no matter what.

I splashed out on a water diviner today to see what the chances are for a well 

and he found a good source .

so it will now come  down to numbers once I get the water test 

enviromental health are not doing that at this time due to ---you guessed it --corvid 19

Its hard to get exact figures -so many variables

well --which  I will try to itemise better -depending on depth could be similar to bringing mains up from road -

but that depends of SW price to give me supply 

the quarry site could just pump it from the lake -dependant on water test -but as there are already quite a few wells on same hillside i think the water test will come back good or from mains 

The Glebe is the same -difference is they won,t need a BIG pump station due to not being as high  up 

I have a tame dyker --but the retaining wall  is nearly 1m thick he is making unconvicing noises at this time .

maybe I make the wall lower and make a bigger slant on the banking  the water pipe is in ,

which goes to the channel

I think the channel  will become a pond eventually anyway 

• Thanks 1

SODS LAW

my culvert that runs under the road is 2 part 

a 6 "cast iron pipe down the middle ,that is placed inside a larger stone duct 

Ihave found that the iron pipe is full of sand which has gathered up over the lats 60-100years 

but its 15m long --and I only have one set of drain rods -*8m --looking all round friends to find one with a set 

to me thats the sort of thing any MAN should have -- but i forgot they all borrow mine .and i,m not really wanting to buy another set .

to use just this one time

.If i had power i could use my karcher jetting attachment -- that can drill through crap --so it would certainly get sand moving .

even a simple job gets complicated when at a distance.

such is life 

Edited by scottishjohn

3 hours ago, scottishjohn said:

sort of thing any MAN should have

I have, and you're very welcome (if you don’t mind driving to near cornwall and back )?. Borrow or hire a Jenny? (I have one of those for sale as well!

Edited by joe90
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, joe90 said:

I have, and you're very welcome (if you don’t mind driving to near cornwall and back )?. Borrow or hire a Jenny? (I have one of those for sale as well!

I found a man with a set and have been cleaning it out all day ,but it was successful eventually + his set returned

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

some success with cleaning out 

but the cast iron pipe that goes under the road and down the quarry side is full of roots --no suprise 

so got to get a man with water jetting machine with a fail attachment to cut cut them out

he cam up had a look ,then told me his van couldn,t come up my road with water tank full as that was 1.5ton payload +his jeter diesel powered which is installed in his van --too much for the springs  -,so he now going to bring a submersible pump to use water for jetter from my channel 

so he,ll ring me when he is ready to do it.piccies now channel is dug out -

01010082.JPG

01010083.JPG

01010084.JPG

• Like 2