What is Pan Height?

We have had a builder come and want to create a contract. He has put in the contract that the first payment will take us to PAN Height, but what is PAN Height? Don’t feel comfortable signing it when i don’t know what it is! 

Edited by Willhicks25

May seem obvious but make sure the stage payments you agree with the builder are consistent with and ideally later than any loan stage payments. 

It's also customary to retain 5% of the overall bill for snagging and our architect suggested this should be subtracted from each stage payment rather than the last one if you see what I mean.

Edited by Temp

payments should be made at the end of the stage I.e. as work is completed rather than upfront - what contract are you using? There's a few standard homeowner ones which are pretty robust and straightforward be careful if the contractor is preparing it, especially if they are using confusing acronyms!!

Might be higher - Kitchen units are of a standard height, more so than toilets so could be when the bricks would be at the height of a pan of sizzling bacon?

I've never heard of it either, but I've only half built one house.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2020 at 06:46, Willhicks25 said:

We have had a builder come and want to create a contract. He has put in the contract that the first payment will take us to PAN Height, but what is PAN Height? Don’t feel comfortable signing it when i don’t know what it is! 

What does he say it is?