Awkward Shower Shape

22 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Square the corner off, put the toilet on the squared off wall (could use a back to wall frame) and then put the shower where the WC should be and move the basin left ... 

Best idea ?

That V shaped internal corner is going to be a really useless space. 

I would +1 squaring off the awkward angle. Don't go in too deep when squaring it off - and you will have a massive amount of in-shower storage recesses!! All those bottles, and bits and bobs you always need in the wet area! You can even put plants in it! I love stuffing in shelving space wherever I can find it.

45 minutes ago, Bored Shopper said:

I would +1 squaring off the awkward angle. Don't go in too deep when squaring it off - and you will have a massive amount of in-shower storage recesses!! All those bottles, and bits and bobs you always need in the wet area! You can even put plants in it! I love stuffing in shelving space wherever I can find it.

Oh I never thought of that - in shower storage recesses.....

Excuse the crude drawing but would something like this work? Kind of a walk in one if the corner was squared off. I imagine it would need to be 700-800 so would lose a bit of the space.

May have to change the entrance door opening side.

Screenshot_2020-07-11-23-19-03-977_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite~2.png

Edited by canalsiderenovation

5 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Square it off and put a triangular cupboard or shelves in the office or hall.

Its been built already, we have foundations and part built walls ? I'm stupid, the angle never really occured to me before looking from the plans.....

Edited by canalsiderenovation

Could you move door D4 to the right so it opens towards the window? That'd free up a square corner in the bathroom for a decent sized shower.

I'd still square off that V though.

With hindsight I might have had the wc on my squared off corner and had a walk in shower in the adjacent corridor through the old doorway!

20180504_184620

P1210068

20190626_205015

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Oh I never thought of that - in shower storage recesses.....

You can either form them yourself like I did:

20180604_180526

20180611_192838

IMG_20180828_242257343

IMG-20190111-WA0010

Or buy them ready made like @pocster has just done.

(I was limited on depth).

• Thanks 1

To minimise any moving of walls/ doors etc, and still keep a tray (if you don't want tiles to a fall as recommended above), then like this. Linear drain in the tray can still be applied against the top wall. Then it's up to you how you screen it off with shower screens, can be creative here to make any shape.

squareoff.png

Edited by Bored Shopper
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Onoff said:

You can either form them yourself like I did:

20180604_180526

20180611_192838

IMG_20180828_242257343

IMG-20190111-WA0010

Or buy them ready made like @pocster has just done.

(I was limited on depth).

Yes . They are expensive for what they are but takes 5 mins to install 

9FBA11CA-60D6-46B4-A35D-160ED236C79D.jpeg

6F02D6E5-41C0-4A8B-AB96-8832A94C00BF.jpeg

• Thanks 1

It's for a second ensuite for the parents/Airbnb (we have our own) so I don't really want to start moving walls etc so armed with some newspaper I've been playing around with the layout.

Option one @Bored Shopper your suggestion.

This is based on 800*800 tray. Bit worried about the door on a tray and cleaning access. Not sure.

IMG_20200712_111847.jpg

IMG_20200712_111841.jpg

The other option seems to be as per my drawing and have a walk in shower and tray. Newspaper is based on tray of 1400*800. We could then have the entrance door opening the other side but don't think this is necessarily needed. From squaring it off to the entrance door wall the measurement of the wall is 2.9 metres.

IMG_20200712_112344.jpg

IMG_20200712_112317.jpg

13 hours ago, canalsiderenovation said:

It's the only real logical place but don't really want tiles but the tray shape on the plans doesn't exist!

Not quite right but would it be possible to somehow use an offset pentagonal shower tray.

52 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

Not quite right but would it be possible to somehow use an offset pentagonal shower tray.

So square it off and then something like this?

https://victoriaplum.com/browse/quadrant-shower-enclosures?csi=PFH98PRP&ds_kid=92700055266126519&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrOTyveTH6gIVuIBQBh3xFwbBEAQYAiABEgIQe_D_BwE

Where is the drain through the floor ..?? Or under the floor ..?? 

That will dictate where the waste goes - can’t see it on the pictures. 

For me, I would go 1400/1500 x 800/900 and not worry about the door anyway - an 800 door would still leave a swing of 600 before the end of any glass frames (and a nice space behind the door for the towel rails)