BT armoured cable

Taff

Anyone installed this, I’ve done a search that comes up with x2 x3 x4 etc etc. All I want is armoured cable to run from the BT post underground to the house. There will only be one telephone line. Confused which to get!

You should not have to buy this.

Open Reach should come to your site and survey. they will tell you what cable has to go and where it has to go to. They normally then free issue the cable and duct that it goes in.  It does seem a regional thing, in some places OR are happy with armoured cable direct burried. In other places they provide a non armoured cable and duct to bury it in.

I think ours was 6 pair, but only one pair is actually used.

On 10/07/2020 at 15:23, ProDave said:

You should not have to buy this.

Open Reach should come to your site and survey. they will tell you what cable has to go and where it has to go to. They normally then free issue the cable and duct that it goes in.  It does seem a regional thing, in some places OR are happy with armoured cable direct burried. In other places they provide a non armoured cable and duct to bury it in.

I think ours was 6 pair, but only one pair is actually used.

Ah I’ll get on to BT to see whats what as it would be ideal to lay it while there’s a trench there. Save a bit of graft. ?

On 10/07/2020 at 17:33, Christine Walker said:

+1 , they came to site , told us where they wanted it and supplied cable , ducting and even the rope to pull it through.

Thanks I’ll chase this up

• Like 1

On 10/07/2020 at 18:44, epsilonGreedy said:

@Taff Wales? Shame you are not closer because I have 1/2 a drum of the cable lost in the hedge behind my static caravan. Open Reach abandoned it after linking up mine and another self build.

I’m even further emigrated to Northumberland