"Closed" or "Open" Tile Trim?

Onoff

Whichever one STAYS white is the answer.

My top tip is never, no NEVER use those tile strips with a flexible edge to seal tiles to a bath. the flexible bit first turns yellow, then curles up (so it no longer seals)  ask me how I know.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Whichever one STAYS white is the answer.

My top tip is never, no NEVER use those tile strips with a flexible edge to seal tiles to a bath. the flexible bit first turns yellow, then curles up (so it no longer seals)  ask me how I know.

Cheers @Nickfromwales & @ProDave. Been there, done that with the flexible edge ones back in the day, the one and only time I've been involved in tiling anything. I just put the strips on years back and the wife tiled things. Going to have a crack myself this time now I'm "calmer" :) 

This evenings conundrum is the LED light strip alongside the bath. It fits absolutely perfectly in 12x8mm Tower self adhesive trunking. Just slides in a treat:

SAM_4467

SAM_4466

The Devil's in the detail etc :) I don't want it that visible when your lying in the bath but rather recessed up into the soffit of the shelf in a groove. Pointing down is better than pointing back at the mosaics. Think I'll have to bring the edge down a bit to overhang. Grey is the tile, green the plasterboard and brown (hatched) the timber:

LED_001

SAM_4469

SAM_4468

I've figured I think how to run it in 20mm flexible conduit behind the bath, put the remote sensor at the foot of the bath and make it all easily replaceable!

6 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

A strip like this set into the tile? 

Id look at diffusing the light as much as possible or having something to make sure you cannot see the lights, just the light coming from them, whilst laying in the bath. 

Ta. Looked at them before tbh. I'm being tight with trying to use the trunking! :) I'd need 2m of it plus postage...

I was debating putting the LED strip in (the trunking) then clear siliconing the strip in situ. Thinking heat disipation issues might lead to early failure though.

I'll get back to trialling the bath I think!

13 minutes ago, Vijay said:

Another thing is to make sure the tiling underneath the lighting is perfect cos the light will show everything as a mate found out once he turned the lights on ;)

Half thinking of making the tiled panel on the bench with the LED strip inset then sticking it "up"...