Cedar cladding bay window

pudding

Hi,

Does anybody have any great ideas for a detail on how to finish cedar cladding on a bay window type wall on my new extension, for internal 135 and external 135 degree corners? 

I'm using some 50x50 Iroko on a couple of simpler 90 degree external corners to match our current house. Ideally we'd also use the same 50x50 ( or close to this) Iroko profile for these 135deg corners, but seems fairly tricky and I've not come across any cladding details for this type of corner before?

Any tips?

I did think about cutting the Iroko rather than the cladding battens. Could be a good reason to buy a table saw. I do have some builders doing the work, but am helping out here and there in between homeschooling and happy and would like to do this bit myself especially if its a good excuse to get another tool.

With cutting the Iroko, on that internal corner, in order to get 50mm visible, it would mean getting oversize timber to cut down as the narrower cut down face would be facing outwards. How do you work that one out? Time for a scale drawing methinks, gonna be easier than trig.

Last Q, decent table saw for a reasonable price for the job?

Edited by pudding