Help needed re: door stop security certificates

gwebstech

Hi all

To cut a long story short, im doing a new build. Got 2 doors from an online supplier - now i did know that doors had to meet certain standards ie U value, door chain, decent locks/hardware etc but i didnt know there was a certificate to show the door complied with all these things ie a PAS24 certificate used to be called SBD - secured by design.

The company  that makes the doors i bought are called DOOR STOP,  they are a pretty big firm who ships worldwide and they do make both energy efficient and approved secure doors.

The seller i used for whatever reason cant or wont give me the security certificates for these doors and the building inspector needs them which is fair enough. (i started a paypal claim against the seller and won but it got cancelled as i couldnt send the doors back in the time paypal gave me!)

So now im in the position of having 2 doors that are fully up to and beyond necessary spec, but i havent got the certificates to show this, all he needs are 2 certificates that say these doors meet these standards, They actually do as i upgraded the locks and everything else i could so if anyone has nay door stop certificates i could borrow that would be great ??

Ive looked online but cant find anything,  its really p***ed me off that this seller has got away with not giving me the certificates when door stop said hes had them!

thanks

Can’t you just get the certificate from DOOR STOP direct, explain the situation and hopefully someone can see past the red tape and send you a certificate...... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cpd said:

Cheeper than buying two new doors..... 

Even a letter from them, confirming they sent the certs to A N Other online seller might be enough to placate the inspector. 

• Like 1

thanks guys, ive spoken to the door stop company at length.  When they make doors they send the (individually produced) certificates out to the seller by email, they are password protected and no one else can access them due to date protection! This obv means they cant send me a copy as all this is done to stop anyone copying certificates which i can understand but it just seems stupid to me that they cant supply me with a copy as they can confirm i bought them from that same seller they sent them to.

All my BI needs is a certificate to say this door meets such and such regs. I have got the BSI certificate from the company and thats got to be worth something to prove the doors are not just any old crap, which theyre not. I upgraded the locks and everything else i could.

The doors cost £1400 total so im reluctant to just buy new ones but ill just have to see.

I wouldnt mind but this seller lists his stuff as police approved and theres no evidence of this and paypal would have refunded me but only gave me a week or so to return them and it takes circa 14 days to get new ones, which would have meant having no doors on the new build AND having to pay postage which would have cost a fortune so paypal closed my case.

Try asking Door Stop if they can persuade the seller to forward the certificates.  I know its not Door Stops fault but it doesn't exactly create a good impression of the company if their dealers are unhelpful.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gwebstech said:

thanks guys, ive spoken to the door stop company at length.  When they make doors they send the (individually produced) certificates out to the seller by email, they are password protected and no one else can access them due to date protection! This obv means they cant send me a copy as all this is done to stop anyone copying certificates which i can understand but it just seems stupid to me that they cant supply me with a copy as they can confirm i bought them from that same seller they sent them to.

All my BI needs is a certificate to say this door meets such and such regs. I have got the BSI certificate from the company and thats got to be worth something to prove the doors are not just any old crap, which theyre not. I upgraded the locks and everything else i could.

The doors cost £1400 total so im reluctant to just buy new ones but ill just have to see.

I wouldnt mind but this seller lists his stuff as police approved and theres no evidence of this and paypal would have refunded me but only gave me a week or so to return them and it takes circa 14 days to get new ones, which would have meant having no doors on the new build AND having to pay postage which would have cost a fortune so paypal closed my case.

So write to PayPal stating that. 

31 minutes ago, gwebstech said:

I wouldnt mind but this seller lists his stuff as police approved and theres no evidence of this

I very much doubt their specific doors, the ones sold to you, are police approved. Most likely they mean the police recommend doors made to certain standards. The ASA have this to say on the subject..

https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/official-endorsements.html

"Rules 3.50 and 3.51 state that marketing communications must not claim that the marketer or their products have been approved, endorsed or authorised by a public or private body if they have not and must not claim to be a signatory to a code of conduct if they are not. Marketers should therefore not imply that their product or service is endorsed, supported or approved by an official or government body unless, of course, it is. "

"...the ASA considered that an ad for a windows and conservatories fitter was misleading, because it claimed “Police Approved”

Edited by Temp

31 minutes ago, gwebstech said:

Have the doors got the maker numbers /  delivery notes with them..?

Photocopy and send to DoorStop..?? Show the doors are installed at your house..?

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

Have the doors got the maker numbers /  delivery notes with them..?

Photocopy and send to DoorStop..?? Show the doors are installed at your house..?

shes adamant that she cant help due to what i said, its stupid to me