Printing from a CAD file

I ask for your help because I've tried for myself  for at least one full swear-word-filled day. And I ask because I know there are some CAD whizzkids on here.

I have been given a CAD file for the foundation plan. And published to pdf and then printed that at A3 size. (attached)

1615 - 01(1) - Insulated foundation (1).pdf

Looking at sheet 2 with an Acrobat Reader, you'll see a series of detailed drawings all assembled on one page. At A4, the page is illegible, at A3 the drawings are more understandable. I will have the sheet printed at A1.

I am using AutoDesk TrueView 2017 to view the file. And I can't for the life of me manage to publish or plot or print the small sub-sections of 1615-02 sheet 2 of 2 in an A4 format.

Please tell me I don't have to print at A1 and then cut the drawing up?

I am using PDF Exchange viewer instead of adobe, search for it and download it.

When you go to print, there is an option under scaling to "tile larger pages" you can set an overlap percentage so you don't lose a bit.  With that, the default 100% scaling, it would tile page 2 onto 15 separate A4 sheets. You can look through them in the print preview and decide which one(s) you actually want to print.

As an example I printed just the first one and I now have a print of Section A, very clear and readable.

If the "tiles" don't break down into exactly what bits you want to print, play around with the scaliong factor and margin percentage.

Alternatively as for the DWG file and use an Atutocad viewer or something like VariCAD (free) Viewer and print off the PDFs from that.   This also has the advantage that you can take measurements direct off the drawing.