Quick Garden Log Cabin - disaster from the word go

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

This is my log burner fitted to our static caravan.  It saw us through the winter where we had the "beast from the east"

stove_2.thumb.jpg.5157cbdcaae851879a41dcba724a1110.jpg

Hope you don't mind had a peek at your blog. looks impressive. Has this build been over the last 5 years ? as that looks like where we are heading

28 minutes ago, SHughesNI said:

Hope you don't mind had a peek at your blog. looks impressive. Has this build been over the last 5 years ? as that looks like where we are heading

Yes been building for 5 years now.  Not the intended plan as a house sale did not happen when we needed it, so we had to lay off the builder as soon as the shell was up and do a LOT more ourselves with a drip drip feed of funds.  A "build as you earn" project.

Realistically still another year from completion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

This is my log burner fitted to our static caravan.  It saw us through the winter where we had the "beast from the east"

The bottle of Glenlivet next to it probably helped as well I guess? ???

• Haha 2

On 21/07/2020 at 12:18, ProDave said:

Yes been building for 5 years now.  Not the intended plan as a house sale did not happen when we needed it, so we had to lay off the builder as soon as the shell was up and do a LOT more ourselves with a drip drip feed of funds.  A "build as you earn" project.

Realistically still another year from completion.

We are in the same boat. Due to the economic uncertainty and covid along with £25k to place cables underground the initial outlay has gone so no way would we get a mortgage now. As we have planning permission it would be a shame not to even attmpt the project. Quite similar to yours in fact. Building using ICF. In the meantime it's a log cabin which should us through probably the next five years. 
Your house looks great and I will be following the progress with interest maybe even picking your brains along the way :)

Photoshop export.jpg