Gap filling prior to skimming

MJNewton

Should small gaps that might've occured between plasterboards (eg where the wall meets the ceiling as below) be filled prior to skimming, or will the tape and skim provide all that is required? I was thinking maybe a quick run round with a tube of adhesive along any gaps might be useful in terms of strength and the keeping the relative positions stable, perhaps helping reduce sound transmission too.

20200630_195150.thumb.jpg.f830800721c1ffad4f86850a06798d6a.jpg

I'm normally pretty good keep things together but here I think I must've had to shave off the wall board to cater for a less-than-square join and not done a particularly good job at getting things flush.

Edited by MJNewton

Thanks for that - will buy some. Shame it doesn't come in smaller bags given how little I need! I take it drywall adhesive is no substitute? Still got half a bag of that left over.

Edited by MJNewton

58 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

Should small gaps that might've occured between plasterboards (eg where the wall meets the ceiling as below) be filled prior to skimming, or will the tape and skim provide all that is required? I was thinking maybe a quick run round with a tube of adhesive along any gaps might be useful in terms of strength and the keeping the relative positions stable, perhaps helping reduce sound transmission too.

20200630_195150.thumb.jpg.f830800721c1ffad4f86850a06798d6a.jpg

I'm normally pretty good keep things together but here I think I must've had to shave off the wall board to cater for a less-than-square join and not done a particularly good job at getting things flush.

No don’t  It won’t make any difference to your plasterers 

If you must fill anything 

Run a tape the full length of the joint as the tape won’t stick once your filler has dried 

Thanks everyone, I'll let the plasterer get on with it when it comes to that stage.

Apologies if these sorts of question seem so trivial but I want to get things right and if I'm wondering about this sort of thing I'm sure someone else will one day and might just be grateful for finding the answers in the archive.