SIP quotes + cost information

Hi all,

This post provides some information for anyone who might consider building a sip house.

I've quoted 6 sip suppliers, one of which turned out to be a manufacturer, who simply forwarded our design to three approved installers.

For a two storey, circa 200m2 house, the quotes ranges from £49,800 to £90,000+, excluding vat, more or less on similar terms, supply and erect, except the cheapest quote was based on 142mm panels for both roof and walls. 

The cheapest quote for 142mm wall panels and 172mm roof panels came in at £59950, interestingly, another approved installer of the same manufacturer quoted £90,000+.

The quotes mainly came from suppliers in the northwest, with two from west midlands, majority of the figures came in around £60k, but only one shared lots of recent project photos and put me in touch with past clients. 

Hope you find those useful, I'll of course post updates along the journey.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, did you pick a manufacturer then? Pretty sure I will be doing my own kit on site, but have sent plans to a couple to find out the cost, and to see if it would make any sense to buy the kit and just erect it myself. 

• 2 weeks later...