Ceiling recessed blind or curtain rail

Red Kite

Hi 

Has anyone used ceiling recessed curtain track or  hidden boxes in the plaster for blinds? 

https://www.blindspace.com/

Not really looked into prices - expensive I think? 

With the clean lines of our house  and large windows I think they may look good  but interested in any views or other makes 

Thanks 

Curtain track - yes, Blind boxes - no. 

Plasterer hated me for the track, you have to get it absolutely level and in some instances pack the joists slightly as if it wavers it shows. 

Was about £40/m from memory. 

The simplest would be to recess your track into the ceiling board. Screw it direct to ceiling joists. The cost is not the track but the labour to create the recess. I did this with track lighting, it is a nice look.

Would recommend silent gliss tracks and gliders. Simple, tough and smooth in use.

https://www.silentgliss.co.uk/engb/products/view/curtain-systems/curtain-track-systems/hand/6243/

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I have a question linked to this....firstly @ragg987 how do you get these Silentgliss tracks hidden in the plasterboard - do they supply some sort of profile that you screw the track to that then gets plastered over on the ceiling face?

Secondly could you use this as a solution for a shower curtain?

On 28/06/2020 at 19:33, Red Kite said:

Hi 

Has anyone used ceiling recessed curtain track or  hidden boxes in the plaster for blinds? 

https://www.blindspace.com/

Not really looked into prices - expensive I think? 

With the clean lines of our house  and large windows I think they may look good  but interested in any views or other makes 

Thanks 

I've got two of these on my shopping list for my build. One 1m and one 6.5m. They are expensive, but I went to my local supplier and was able to see it in action and they gave me a sample to take away. Very impressed butit is certainly not cheap

Regards

Tet

On 21/12/2023 at 16:45, markharro said:

I have a question linked to this....firstly @ragg987 how do you get these Silentgliss tracks hidden in the plasterboard - do they supply some sort of profile that you screw the track to that then gets plastered over on the ceiling face?

Secondly could you use this as a solution for a shower curtain?

We did not recess curtain tracks, my example was for track lighting. I recall that there is a recessed curtain track option, I did not explore so cannot help on that front, sorry.