Making a start after planning permission

Tom

Quick question if I may: planning permission granted, cosmic, conditions only apply if I go above slab level, alrighteythen, not in a CIL area, back of the net. Can I just crack on - or do I need to tell someone that I'm starting? By starting, I mean getting going with demolishing the existing barns and clearing the site.

I'd notify your building control inspector as he will advise what version of the regs you need to work to.

I know our BC recommended that we did something 'material' in the April of the year we were starting the build as he could then apply the current regs against the whole build before they tightened up again.

We were demolishing a garage and running fouls to the caravan at that point (still living in the old house on site) so we made part of the run the formal sewer connection and he signed it off and we had officially made a start. Work did not start properly until August of that year.

Do you need to issue a demolition notice to the LA? That was a formality we needed to complete ahead of taking down the garage (and latterly the house).

1 hour ago, Bitpipe said:

Do you need to issue a demolition notice to the LA? That was a formality we needed to complete ahead of taking down the garage (and latterly the house).

Hadn't thought of that... Just looked it up and agricultural buildings are exempt, no notice needed.

7 minutes ago, Temp said:

Make any electrics safe and useable as a temporary supply?

Most definitely. Also need to hook up a static caravan at some stage...