Silicone Render m2 Rates

LA3222

Just out of interest (as I need to get this nipped pretty rapid so won't be changing tradesmen) what is the going rate for render work? I'm having a silicone render put on, 10mm basecoat and 1mm silicone IIRC? and the rate is £50/m2 incl materials.

At the time I was looking for a renderer this figure tallied roughly with the cost breakdowns I got back from Estimators Online so I didn't interrogate it any further. Now I'm catching up on budget stuff I was curious if this is good value or not?

1 hour ago, nod said:

With a 10 mil base I presume it’s on block work 

40-50 is average 

Top coat is normally 3 mil

Yep, on blockwork. So I'm there or thereabouts on pricing which is good to know, thanks.

• 1 month later...

@LA3222 how did you finally get on with this in the end?

I'm just getting some prices back and seems I might have underestimated heavily. 

I'm getting quoted 70/m2 for rendering. see here for doing 195m2:

image.thumb.png.8fff848ed281fe8a9ecd95fa2644be47.png

I'd (likely wrongly!) used 23 for material and 26 for labour for Monocouche render on cement board. I assumed this was supply of board, mounting, and then render finish. Does this seem stupid now? @nod would you be able to help shed any light if I'm miles off. 

Slowly bit by but my budget seems to be getting blown to pieces.

1 hour ago, SuperJohnG said:

@LA3222 how did you finally get on with this in the end?

I'm just getting some prices back and seems I might have underestimated heavily. 

I'm getting quoted 70/m2 for rendering. see here for doing 195m2:

image.thumb.png.8fff848ed281fe8a9ecd95fa2644be47.png

I'd (likely wrongly!) used 23 for material and 26 for labour for Monocouche render on cement board. I assumed this was supply of board, mounting, and then render finish. Does this seem stupid now? @nod would you be able to help shed any light if I'm miles off. 

Slowly bit by but my budget seems to be getting blown to pieces.

Yes mate, my render is all done now. Total cost worked out at £50/m2. I paid for the materials direct and deducted that from the renderers bill so I can VAT back - so if take VAT out it is around £47/m2.

There were some sections originally to be clad in render board etc. Renderer said he works his price on £50/m2 - the sections of render carrier made no difference.

Where abouts are you?

• Like 1

Thanks @LA3222

I'm Glasgow area.  

That figure ties in with what the local render supplier estimates for my job (10k for 200m2), for Labour and material for K rend TC15,  so my price may be somewhat overpriced. 

However I seem to have omitted to add the actual cost of the render board itself in my budget. 

Edited by SuperJohnG

• 10 months later...

We've had a few round. Nobody has actually been interested enough to price. The Sto guy was saying their prices start around £100m2. Have another Sto guy calling round tomorrow... Apparently he could be closer to £70m2... But I'm not holding my breath. Not yet got prices from any of the other "cheaper" systems.

This is Northern Ireland btw, supposedly one of the cheapest regions....

Edited by Conor

18 minutes ago, Ronan 1 said:

I've been quoted circa 40 pm2 for cash for this so it seems not to bad

Be wary of cash for render 

You will need a guarantee 

Beware of the guy that skimmed your house that does render also 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nod said:

Be wary of cash for render 

You will need a guarantee 

Beware of the guy that skimmed your house that does render also 

Hi Nod thanks for the good advice. He's a fair sized plastering contractor that does alot of work for me through our company ( currently rendering 2 apartment blocks and is about to get 2 more smaller ones) the cash element is soely to get it a few quid cheaper.

He will stand over his work as a promise to his cousin my director so I'm happy enough that way

5 hours ago, SuperJohnG said:

This is the bit that worries me. Although 90 sqm seems excessive. Do you think? (Scotland btw. Central belt).

90 is double what I’m charging  building companies 

But contractors no self builders options are limited at the moment 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I've just had an updated quote. £8841 for labour only applying K rend TC15. This includes fitting all beads etc. 

Thats for around 195sqm including the windows area as that. 

Thats £45 per sqm the work looks good. But is he ripping the pish?  

Also wants 25% deposit up front 8 weeks before he even starts? 

I'm desperate to get it done before winter. If I don't I'll need the scaffold for an extra 3-4 months at maybe 2500 extra. 

On 06/09/2021 at 16:14, AliG said:

If you cannot get someone cheaper then it is tough.

But really a 25% deposit on a labour only job. What does he need that for?

The deposit was a red herring. That  was if he was buying material so sorted now. I've booked him and seen his work now that looks excellent. K rend rep reckons he'd only recommend this guy ans one other in Scotland to do the work so here's hoping it's good.