Commissioning a Vortex treatment plant

jamieled

Has anyone commissioned a vortex treatment plant and can give some advice on checking the back pressure in the air line?

WTE (who I bought the tank off) require me to take a photo of the backpressure reading in the air line in order to validate the warranty on the air blower. I'm not entirely clear on how to do this and they don't provide much explanation.

How stiff are those hoses...?? And what diameter..?

I would put a tee so the opposing leg goes to the pump and then the parallel legs go to the tank and a gauge port - easy to make with a cheap pressure gauge - what is the pump pressure capacity and what is the MI tolerance..?

• Thanks 1

I would say they are relatively stiff - need a reasonable radius format 90 degree bend. Think it's reinforced 1 inch hose.

Haven't found the pump spec yet but wte told me the back pressure should be around 150mbar and no more than 200.

@Miek Thanks. Gave them a quick call following your message - prices have gone up a bit as I was quoted £29!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Miek quick follow up to this. I spent ages adjusting the blower location and air distribution in vain, trying to get the backpressure within the required limits. Turns out the gauge I bought from WTE is a bit rubbish, so if you end up with a similar problem don't assume it's the treatment tank setup.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I think WTE are charging quite a bit more for a pressure gauge now. Seems strange - if it’s so important then why not ship the plant with the gauge.

I didn’t want to pay WTE prices on principle, so got one branded by Secoh (the manufacturer of the supplied blower) from MPC (airblow.co.Uk)for £60 delivered.

I never used a pressure gauge but I got a guy, (who had one himself), to commission it fir me, he just used his eyes to watch the bubbles and adjust it fir us, that was two years ago and it’s still OK.

40 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I never used a pressure gauge but I got a guy, (who had one himself), to commission it fir me, he just used his eyes to watch the bubbles and adjust it fir us, that was two years ago and it’s still OK.

Likewise here. 

• Like 1