OK

Has anyone got it?  Able to advise if they are happy or not with their purchase?? Anything they would do differently if they had their time over again???

I did a search and got nothing useful, so figured... Why not ask.

NB: As a bit of a noub, if one of the admins could move this to the most appropriate section of the board, I won't mind at all!  Thanks in advance ?

We had skirting board radiators (that sound similar to what you are asking about now, but is over 20 years ago) in our first flat in London. They worked well enough for us and gave good freedom for arranging the rooms, but put out a lot less heat than the equivilent area of conventional radiator. Not really a problem with the solar gain of that flat and urban heat island effect in central London... These days in a well insulated new build it would more than likely be fine again, but I would be a little cautious on a retrofit to an older house.

Is there a handy datasheet showing heat output per metre for a given water temperature?

Edited by dnb

Presumably it on their website someplace, but more interested to see if anyone has tried it.  Oh... And this stuff doesn't look like the old tosh I "think" you are talking about.  It "looks" like regular skirting board.  Just ali vs MDF or whatever.

Still, being ali, you'd want a good plasterer! ?

True, but the volumetric and thermodynamics can of course all be calculated and factored into the systems design.  Back into English man... They will size the system, much like you would with traditional heaters, based off your room sizes. 

So... Can I conclude from this I will be the only one on the forum to "take a punt" on this stuff?  Honestly, I didn't expect that!  ?

Come on people, share the love! 

32 minutes ago, Marco Van Bowden said:

Can I conclude from this I will be the only one on the forum to "take a punt" on this stuff?

Seems so, be interesting to see how it all works out longterm.

We had skirting radiators when I was a kid.  The gas boiler ran on town gas.

Edited by SteamyTea

For a small bedroom this is £450.  It looks a pain to install.  New floor coverings and decoration also may be tricky and there are loads of connections.  I would also be concerned about ongoing product support / supply and any room alterations.  For the money I would have UFH or have a top range rad for £100 and spend the £350 elsewhere.

The only application I would consider this for is on the ground floor of my house on the flood plain.  At the moment I have MDF skirt and normal rads but in the event of a flood I would consider changing to this.  It may be an avenue worth exploring for the suppliers.  I am not sure if they sell the skirting without the pipe - for small WCs and the like?

18 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

I am not sure if they sell the skirting without the pipe - for small WCs and the like?

They do dummy Ali and dummy MDF.  As with all things, it's gotta work for you doesn't it?  We are rewiring and replumbing the entire house, so makes sense, and if not done now, when?    

Given no one else has contributed, let's hope it a success vs PITA! ?