Warranty additional costs for H&S

I purchased a warranty through a major broker, got my first email today which told me I needed to pay £390 + VAT for H&S services CDM 2015! Well this is the first I have heard about it and I'm annoyed no one mentioned this before, when I asked for more information they haven't given me a reason why this is required.

Is it standard? Have others paid this?

Feel like I've been robbed.

Would appreciate any input, cheers.

Edited by Water

I imagine they are suggesting they will offer H & S advice compliant with CDM 2015, not that they will take on any of the formal roles (Principal Designer or Principal Contractor).  Maybe a wodge of pro-forma paperwork for method statements, risk assessments etc as well as basic site safety.  If you have never received any formal H & S training on a construction site it may be worth considering.

Find out exactly what they propose to do for the fee.

• Like 1

All the information a domestic client needs to be know about CDM is freely available of the HSE website. Your main/principal contractor will adopt control of the site and provide all the necessary H&S plan, risk assessments and method statements. Should also have the required first wider and bring associated reporting documents for accident, RIDDOR etc. This assumes the contractor is a competent contractor under the definition. It’s the client responsibility to appoint a competent contractor. The simplest way to ensure if to use the pre-approved ones listed on ConstructionLine, CHAS etc. Look for their logos on the contractor websites and then check they really are holding valid accreditation. Some folk are careless with facts.

You are still responsible overall and effectIvely the deemed employer of all those on site so be vigilant and insured.

1 hour ago, Timedout said:

You are still responsible overall and effectIvely the deemed employer of all those on site so be vigilant and insured

Is this really the case - there is a deep thread on here covering CDM and my understanding as a domestic client that I am assume to know nothing and contractors have the CDM related responsibility. I need to provide the basics - WC, dry and heated area (sun ? ) , water. I also have first aid kit and PPE if they need to borrow but I don't want to take on responsibility for their H&S