Prep for spray

Pocster

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

40 minutes to mask 

7 minutes to paint 

2 hours clearing up

ffs !

I guess that's why the previous comments were to do the whole house in one go rather than a room at a time? :ph34r:

I don't want to say I told you so...

On 23/06/2020 at 14:22, Mr Punter said:

It is not really worth doing just one ceiling as it takes a while to set up and clean out.  You can do the whole house in a day if it is prepped.  Cover wires if they have been marked up.  Make sure all the plaster is good before you start spraying.  You can't easily touch in sprayed surfaces.  Turn the nozzle round if it blocks.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the Wagner ad the guys all smiley spreading blue paint all over a bleeding carpark. No spray , no nothing. Just mr. bloody happy!

Presumably they have a stunt double who primes it, makes a mess; they then get rid of him and get "Smiley Wagnker " in...

• 1 month later...

Decided to be brave and finally spray the ensuite ceiling .

Forgot what a faff it is !

Noticed something different in the ensuite - paint would form ‘bubbles’ and then run down the curved ceiling !!!

Now I mixed it with the tinyist bit of water ; tbh it doesn’t seem to mix very well at all . Even after 10 mins in a electric paddle mixer when you first spray it’s just water coming out . As though the water has ‘sank’ to the bottom .

Seemed to almost use twice as much paint than last time . Pretty sure I had the pressure in ‘2’ - assume my bubbles are simply too much paint coming through . Again noticed when it hits the wall to ceiling area it hits the wall and bouncing off causing issues .

Will check in 10 mins . Maybe overspray patches if need be .

This was silk paint . Rest of build is emulation ; so hoping it ( I ! ) fair better .

I’m not completely white this time . Though still 2 hours of ‘clearing ‘ up to do ...... 

Ensuite ceiling will be less than perfect !

But I also remember from the bathroom when I re install the lighting it’s far less noticeable as the lighting is downwards .

That’s the runniest silk paint I’ve ever used . But then again 99% of the time I use emultion . Is silk paint usually like p*ss ?

Hard to tell from photos .

If I use the tip of my finger to touch the bubble paint comes off and bubble does ‘shrink ‘ . Problem is I’m inspecting it now close up and with a torch . So runs and plasterer imperfections even more obvious !

I'd suspect your silk paint - if it is full of sticky gloop then you are f*cked trying to spray it anyway no matter how much you mix it.

You might as well be spraying pizza dough or flattening bubble gum with a rolling pin.

Edited by Ferdinand

4 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

I'd suspect your silk paint - if it is full of sticky gloop then you are f*cked trying to spray it anyway no matter how much you mix it.

You might as well be spraying pizza dough.

No , it’s lump free and very liquid . With colour I mean not like cheap watery paint .

Glad that’s done though