Retro-fit Quooker tap

On 19/10/2020 at 10:09, ryder72 said:

Is the additional scale control filter you refer to or the cold water filter?

If its the former, you friendly kitchen retailer should tell you that the Quooker warranty is valid only if in scale filter is installed anywhere in the UK except Scotland and Devon/Cornwall due to how hard the water is.

If its the latter, it may be a compatibility as the Fusion tap dispenses cold filtered water from the main tap itself .

?‍♂️ I dunno

3 hours ago, daiking said:

You and @Bitpipe have been ok, so fingers crossed, eh?

While they say that the filter needs replacing every 3 years 

Ours needed cleaning after six months 

Very easy to take apart and clean 

Wouldn’t be without it 

33 minutes ago, nod said:

While they say that the filter needs replacing every 3 years 

Ours needed cleaning after six months 

Very easy to take apart and clean 

Wouldn’t be without it 

The internal filter needs replacing, ours is overdue now. However the limescale that collects in the bottom is becoming a twice annual job - easy enough to get out , you don't need to re-order the free kit they sent you, one will do it.

Just adding to this, take great care when cleaning your Quooker tanks out. I cleaned my Combi tank this year and decided to go a bit further in removing that tremendous level of scale that was on the inside of the tank. I didn't go at it with a chisel, I was pretty careful.

I reinstated the tank and all was well. Seemingly.

After a few days, I noticed that it was very hot in the cupboard where the Quooker lives. Then I noticed that the tank was too hot to touch. I thought it had perhaps blown a thermostat, but in fact I had managed to pierce the inner wall of the tank.

Quooker wanted £750 for the replacement tank, which, after some persuasion they offered to reduce to £450! I only paid £350 for the whole kit originally!

In the end, I opted to go for the smaller 3 Litre tank, which is more than sufficient for us at a cost of £250 as we wouldn't be without it. Expensive mistake though.