Site Laser Level Detector & Measurer

iSelfBuild

Thinking of treating myself to some new toys. 

After 15 years of using a 30+ year old site dumpy level I fancy something a bit more techy. Looking for a good value laser measurer & site level detector - 20m minimum range.

Has anyone purchased some good value ones they can recommend?

Is there anything on the market for insuring walls are set out at 90* within fine tolerances or is it just the age old, measure, measure, measure still?

Hilti 
Rugby 

Spectra

Green if you can afford 

Bosch and dewalt are  the better DIY brands 

I’ve several Hilti 

But my first kit some 30 years ago was a Spectra Well made and a third of the price of Hilti 

I've got the dewalt laser and detector, cost about 180 or so. Great tool. use a 30m class 1 steel tape for squaring. 

Detector is flakey when it's cold in or in direct sunlight.

Really useful for drain run fall and foundation layout.

1 hour ago, iSelfBuild said:

haha I'm trying to get out of the dark ages not go back further!

Old technology yes, but it works and, as I say, it's a whole lot cheaper than a laser which will probably break - or the calibration will go adrift - within a few years. Also, you can establish a level on one side of your house, go over the roof or around a wall to find the same level on the other side of the house. Try doing that with a laser level! ?

Topcon or Spectra (now Trimble) are the ones I've used recently and both are well made. The Spectra was good to about 40m in bright sunshine and still very accurate. Topcon just seemed a bit more rugged.