Integrated Fridge Freezer fitting

I'm not sure whether i've just not had enough sleep or if there is genuinly a problem here...

So had the fridge cabinet a while, 50/50 ordered and thats what the label said on the back...

Fridge came today, 50/50 fridge, placed it in the cabinet, and then realised that the doors don't line up. So the bottom door of the cabinet comes up about 70mm too much over the fridge door, which definitely isn't right?!

So then i started thinking, crap i've obviously ordered the wrong sized fridge, to discover that they are all standard size, so can't be that.

Had a look at some install videos online, and they don't see to have anything under the fridge to raise it up.

There were 2 shelves delivered with the cabinet, one is for above the fridge, but couldn't understand what the other was for. Some friends sent me a photo of theirs, and theirs is sat on both the cabinet and one of these shelves, so that explains where that goes, and thats 18mm, I could use some 4x2 for the other 50mm?? Just doesn't seem right somehow...

Any ideas? First time i've done on of these integrated ones.

We had to put two shelf pieces on top of the base of the cupboard to bring the F/F up so the doors lined up correctly. There's no problem with putting packing timber on the base to bring it up to the correct level but it would need a cover piece at the front to hide the hole.

TIP (from an electricians point of view)

Where does the FF plug in?  Make the plug accessible, e.g under the unit behind the kick board, or in an adjacent cupboard.

If this ever becomes a rental property and the electrician comes along to PAT test the build in FF he will curse you if the plug is behind the FF. He will thank you for your foresight if the plug is under the unit behind the kick board.  He will thank you even more if there is a note somewhere saying where it is so he does not have to go searching.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

TIP (from an electricians point of view)

Where does the FF plug in?  Make the plug accessible, e.g under the unit behind the kick board, or in an adjacent cupboard.

If this ever becomes a rental property and the electrician comes along to PAT test the build in FF he will curse you if the plug is behind the FF. He will thank you for your foresight if the plug is under the unit behind the kick board.  He will thank you even more if there is a note somewhere saying where it is so he does not have to go searching.

Yeah, that dawned on me when i'd hauled it in, its behind the fridge. Going to make full documentation for all the house so whoever will know where it all is located. Socket has been there for the last 11 years to be fair, never thought about it back then!

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

@MikeGrahamT21 have you put ventilation slots in the back of the floor...???

Yep, theres a 40mm gap all way along the back, and same at the top of the unit, and will put a vent plate in the kickboard once I cut them. Also cut some circular holes in the 'false floor' i had to make for further ventilation. ?

Just finished doing all the door kit, bloody hell that took some effort!

Edited by MikeGrahamT21
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice solution.  

I have a 70/30 split integral that needs changing. Of course since the original installation, for which the heavy MDF door panels were made to measure, the dimensions of fridges 

have changed making it a nightmare to find a replacement which will fit the current config.

However, an appliance supplier has Kindly agreed to also do some research for me otherwise it looks like new door panels and of course the company who made and installed the kitchen are no longer in business.

Why am I telling you all this I hear you ask. Where is my question?

Here it is.   The current setup has fixed hinges. I have found a possible fit but it comes with sliding hinges, so is it possible to go from fixed to sliding?

Thanks for you patience.