servicing Genvex MVHR

Hi Rob. Two members I am aware of, there are probably others, have Genvex MVHR systems - @Jeremy Harris and @PeterStarck hopefully they will be able to help. I also wonder why you would need to oil a fan, most such systems have life sealed bearings. Most MVHR system have summer bypass modes so you still get the ventilation but don't recover the heat. If you are happy to have open windows then you may get away with turning it off but also if you have an ultra airtight home you may degrade the air quality without the MVHR running and the windows closed. 

We have a Genvex Combi 185LS and we leave it running continuously all year. As Mike said the the fan motors have sealed bearings and there isn't anything to oil. On mine the only servicing needed on the MVHR side is changing the filters and checking whether the heat exchanger needs a clean. I also vacuum out the filter housing if needed.

Thank you gents. I bought a carbon dioxide monitor to check air quality. My logic is that if I can keep the air quality good /ish (below 1000 ppm), why use the unit? My dear wife still likes to hear the birds in summer ... she would also like to have the bedroom windows open in winter!