Well, well, what do we have here?!

Conor

Oh fiddle sticks.

Right where the rear wall of the house will be. literally transecting it. Who the hell builds a house over a well??!!!

1.5m across, 5m+ deep. Loose sandstone construction.

Any advice welcome.... or just laugh at me :)

Engineer says fill it right up to slab level with lean mix concrete. Any cheaper options?!

IMG_20200618_140700.jpg

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

No leave it.

I think i could broker you a deal with someone that has some walk on glazing. You could walk over it and look down every day.........

If only we knew someone interested in selling some.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

No leave it.

I think i could broker you a deal with someone that has some walk on glazing. You could walk over it and look down every day.........

Architect has just suggest we turn the 90 corner at that part of the house to two 45s so it would be within the building.... build up to floor level and stick on walk on glazing. Not sure if he's joking....

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Conor said:

Architect has just suggest we turn the 90 corner at that part of the house to two 45s so it would be within the building.... build up to floor level and stick on walk on glazing. Not sure if he's joking....

He's an architect, he won't be joking about that!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

Ah but this time you buy the glazing first and build the house around the glazing.

Exactly ! A perfect fit guaranteed !

30 years of experience 

Quality product made in the uk ( I think )

2 hour Life long guarantee 

Delivery not available 

• 11 months later...

@Barryscotland as it was dry(ISH) we just filled it with a few cubes of lean mix concrete. In the end, the engineer wasn't satisfied and we ended up having to construct a 3000mm long, 600mm deep and 1200mm wide ground beam with  20mm rebar cage to span it. 

If yours is hydrogeologically linked to a ground water system then you will have to follow the EA best practice for filling wells and boreholes- usually means filling with clean stone to near ground level, then capping with concrete. Speak to your SE.