Extension roof - good or bad job?

We are currently having an extension built and I am unsure about a couple of things on our new roof. I have attached a photo.

The first is where the new ridge tiles adjoin the existing hip tiles. The join does not look neat to me and looks like there might be potential for water ingress. What do people think?

The second is where the 2 rooves join. The roofers have used our existing tiles for the join but you can see a diagonal line and the tiles either side of the join are off level.

Am I just being picky or should I ask for these issues to be rectified?

20200616_105208.jpg

That's not a very good job.

I would say he did not get the battens on the new roof level with the old, hence the "step" along the diagonal join line.

I think he could have done more to keep the front roof covered entirely with original tiles.

This is a slightly similar roof we had done when extending a previous house

789711833_1StadmamptonRoad.jpg.366ad6e5891f412b9301acd70dba1b1b.jpg

The left hand portion was new.

The builder had managed to source some reclaimed tiles that were a near perfect match, but even so, he took all the tiles off the side face of the roof and used those for the front, and used the new on the side and the rear.

It goes without saying we were very pleased with the result.

Looks like he’s kicked up on the old jack rafter on the corner and tbh the joiner should have replaced that as it wouldn’t present a square edge for a batten.

I take it they built the new roof off the old frame and just infilled the rafters ..?? The correct way would be to take the roof structure back to the last full rafter and rebuild, then replacing the battens through the old and new to make it seamless. 

On the ridge, unless there is a lead apron under the last hip tile that will leak. Again, should have removed the whole of the hip section and then put the ridge tight to the left end, and then mortared up the hip tiles back to the top. 

Combination of the builder and the roofer at fault here