Full fibre would you or wouldn't you?

Received offer for full fibre from openreach see below.

I should get a least 30 Mbps with copper to the house.

Seems a lot of money the rum from the cabinet in existing ducting up the road is about 400m.

As with anything new the cost in generally high initially and then falls in time.

I already have my pv, weatherstation, phones, ipad and smart TV linked to the network and it copes well at current home and new build speed should be similar.

Your thoughts are welcomed

Good news! your development is eligible for an ultrafast full fibre network

Thanks for choosing to register your development with Openreach. Your site has access to the latest full fibre infrastructure technology, enabling ultrafast speeds for your new homeowners, with the cost to you of just £2000 per plot. (TOTAL = £4000 + VAT) . Although full fibre is now our default infrastructure choice, copper or partial fibre connections are still available at nil cost.

At minimum I'd be sure to put ducts in place. Fibre to the premises will come down in price over time, and it'd be good to make it as easy to install as possible if and when it comes down to whatever price you think is reasonable.

Last week, we had a neighbour cut the wire going up the pole that supplies us and several nearby properties with our phone lines (trimming his hedge!)

For three days I was cursing our refusal to spend a couple of grand taking the line under the road from the base of the pole five years ago!

We can get BT's Full Fibre 100 for £40/month. Don't need it, though. Can get Full Fibre 900 for £60/month. Quite suprised.

Two or three weeks ago at the in-laws I managed to cut through an OpenReach copper cable with hedge clippers as a fibre cable had been added to the pole and someone moved the copper cable but left it loose just inside the bottom of the hedge. Had to spend 40 minutes going down the lane apologising for the loss of service, and half of them had full fibre (which I hadn't cut through).

We are a mile from the cabinet.  The copper cable comes through trees all the way down the lane to us.  We get full fibre to the house Friday week.  You would not believe how excited I am.  There are times when I am working from home where we turn every single wi fi device off so that I can log on.

Interesting that OH has just got a new phone - a Huawei.  I know when he has come into range of the house WiFi before he arrives.  It steals every bit of bandwidth available!

This is our current speed 

D7FB8CB4-4BB3-4C4B-9AE6-FDCC74399E6B.png