Soil pipe design for a new build

Ivan_England

4 hours ago, ToughButterCup said:

Oooooooooffff...

Capture4.JPG.eeecc9c349ceb6b70baf4d7a22a32fac.JPG

Might you mean connect the rainwater overflow to the 110 ?

As written it looks like you are running pipe-in-pipe......

Hi, Yes I was told to do this by the manufacturer to protect the 25mm pipe from being damaged. 

4 hours ago, ProDave said:

Why does the rainwater harvesting tank overflow need pumping and what can't that be in 110mm?

It needs to be pumped as it is lower down than the IC chamber it's connecting to. The garden slowly slopes down. 

So all looks then :)?

18 minutes ago, Ivan_England said:

Yes I was told to do this by the manufacturer to protect the 25mm pipe from being damaged. 

Ok, quick email to the manufacturer then:  along the lines , 'Please reassure me that previous similar installations have been acceptable to Building Control'

Assuming you are using 25mm mdpe, it won't get damaged by burying it directly. It's used for most incoming water supplies with little more than a bit of sand to protect it from any stones in the ground.

25mm MDPE is as tough as old boots. Just don't have massive pointy rocks in the trench. 

Feed into rainwater tank should be above the top water level, and designed like an normal surface water drain.  The way you have it will mean it will be surcharging and acting like a pressurised pipe, which it isn't.

On 12/06/2020 at 16:26, ToughButterCup said:

Ok, quick email to the manufacturer then:  along the lines , 'Please reassure me that previous similar installations have been acceptable to Building Control'

I've checked with building control and they are fine with it. 

21 hours ago, PeterW said:

Rainwater overflow can’t go into your soil / sewer without permission - it has to go to soakaway.  

We are in clay so a soakaway isn't possible. Thames Water said they were fine with it. 

1 minute ago, joe90 said:

and me, BC agreed piped into ditch which would deal with local rainwater anyway .

Yeah seemed to be fine. I don't think we needed the tank in the first place, I could have put the whole feed straight into the combined drain, but I didn't want to get a larger pump going into the sewer the other end. Hence the reason for getting the tank.