Mixing slips : is it possible to copy this?

Have you finished the rest of the house?  bored?  if so I could find some jobs to keep you going.......

What you could have done is get an amateur / blind bricky to build a 2nd skin from the old bricks alongside your new block wall - extend the width of the building slightly but you would prob get the same effect!

46 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

1308902433_IMG_20160210_091346(1).thumb.jpg.39bf719a314fe602867f0868ea759b25.jpg20200503_123133.thumb.jpg.3bdbf044cec6e150952e15c4c206902b.jpg< Then

Now>

I want to have a go at copying the  ramshackle style of our old piggery with stone and brick slips. An ask too far?

https://mybrickwall.co.uk/products/bedford-antique-red-brick-slips?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CC45 said:

get an amateur / blind bricky to build a 2nd skin from the old bricks alongside your new block wall -

but the thing is there's only about 50 mm of space on the edge of the foundation - just visible above the yellow radon barrier. So it'll have to be slips, I think.

25 minutes ago, CC45 said:

Have you finished the rest of the house?  bored?  if so I could find some jobs to keep you going.......

Covid-19: an ill wind that blows nobody any good. Suddenly there are trades folk all over wanting work. All over Salmander Cottage.

I told one that he could have four weeks work, day rate. So  three weeks ago he started. Two weeks into the four week period, (and just fully paid on the day his invoice was submitted)  he tells us that he now has too many of his normal customers and it will be mid August before he can come again.

You could not make it up could you?

29 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

told one that he could have four weeks work, day rate. So  three weeks ago he started. Two weeks into the four week period, (and just fully paid on the day his invoice was submitted)  he tells us that he now has too many of his normal customers and it will be mid August before he can come again.

Seen a fair bit of this - and it is why I only pay weekly but pay monday for work to previous friday on invoice

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Could you fit a diamond saw to a cheap table saw. Then saw the existing bricks in half.

My large angle grinder cuts through most things with the cheap diamond blade in it.

Im fairly certain the hole in the middle will be the wrong size. I had a lot of trouble trying to enlarge the hole on one to get it to fit my skill saw. Ended up using a plasma cutter iirc

8 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

I can hire one.....

Hire a wet bench instead. 

Will make short work of the bricks too - and could get them all uniform in thickness. 

Stone will take some practice and may need to flip them over as some look pretty big, but all do-able... 

• Like 1