Carport to Garage Conversion

Looking for advice. We currently have a car port under our master bedroom. The driveway is monobloc and runs right through with rendered walls and uPVC panels in ceiling. We are planning to fit an up and over garage door front and rear to secure the area. Will this be ok with the monobloc floor or will we have damp problems and need to lay a concrete floor first? Any advice is appreciated.

Screenshot_20200606-114651_Ring.jpg

I would close it in as you plan and maybe install a linear drain across the front of the new Garage door to prevent any rainwater coming in under the door. If you did have any damp problems you could still install a concrete floor at a later date if/when required.

Might want to check out what the ceiling is made of. I'm sure there must be a 30min fire barrier between a garage and habitable room (like a master bedroom).  Usually that's achieved with plasterboard ceiling in the garage but you mentioned it's uPVC. Perhaps there is plasterboard or some alternative above the uPVC?

• Thanks 1

Good point you can do one of two things if the ceiling is not already to 60 minute fire barrier standard for the garage below a habitable room Building Regs:-
(1) you can double board the ceiling with standard sheets of plaster board.

(2) you can use single layer of fire check pink plasterboard sheets which are a bit heavier to put up.

38 minutes ago, MAB said:

Good point you can do one of two things if the ceiling is not already to 60 minute fire barrier standard for the garage below a habitable room Building Regs:-
(1) you can double board the ceiling with standard sheets of plaster board.

(2) you can use single layer of fire check pink plasterboard sheets which are a bit heavier to put up.

Are you sure?  I used 2 layers of the pink fireline plasterboard with staggered joints.

• Thanks 1