Online kitchen design/costing tools?

Crofter

Time to start shopping for the kitchen. SWMBO has been looking forward to this part for a long time! Having visited a few of the usual suspects' websites, I'm a bit surprised that none of them seem to offer the ability to build a virtual kitchen and tally up the cost. Can't be beyond the wit of man to do that, surely? Perhaps they want to force you to use their own designers and therefore be charged for the privilege?

Now that's odd, I could swear I'd gone straight to IKEA thinking they would have something like this, but all I could get was a rather random assortment of different cabinets and doors and no idea whether they were even compatible. Will look again...

Hmm, having had some time to look at these, I'm still not finding a simple tool to tally up different components. I don't really want to create a perfect kitchen for my lifestyle and family- I'm never going to use it!

It seems most places give you a price based on some sort of 'average kitchen'. I'll need to do some digging and see if it bears any resemblance to what i actually want/need.