Cherry picker battery options

NotJustin

Hi all, I just got a cherry picker and the batteries are knackered. I'm only going to use is directly around the building and always on mains. I read I can replace the two 6v batteries with one leisure battery. Does anyone know if the largest Halfords battery is good enough? Thanks for any ideas, cheers, Justin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew how much the batteries cost, but I just thought, why have something for a remote, in the field cherry picker, when I have mains available all the time for it. I'll never need to use it stand alone.

13 minutes ago, Justin Tuijl said:

No, it doesn't get enough "go" from the mains.
Actually, a friend has offered to pay for the proper batteries if he can borrow it. I'll look into genuine ones now.

That sounds like a good deal. As long as he doesn't hog it too much and it is available for when you want it.

They were recommended to me. Rohan I dealt with there I just remembered. 

Used a couple of times. One time I paid extra for a faster delivery but the battery got damaged in transit hence never got delivered to me. Apology, good communications and an immediate refund of the courier charge.

Yes, so far they've been very good. The only ones to come through with a recommendation for the correct batteries. Ignored or no further follow up from other companies and of course the "we'll charge extra to deliver to the Highlands" clause.

5 minutes ago, PeterW said:

County are great - local to me and never let me down

Might have been you who put me onto them?

Think I've killed the mower battery though by leaving it to freeze over the winter. Might try the Epsom salts trick.

Had a good examine, but I can't find any make names. What is there is rather faded.
I was told I nead to grease it dailiy and oil the bushes, but, I don't really know what I'm looking at.

Here's your pic with the places where the bushes are likely to be circled: the ones that need greasing will likely have nipples fitted I would think. Looks like I missed the one where the arm joins the cage ?

cherry picker.jpg

Edited by Reiver

43 minutes ago, Reiver said:

Here's your pic with the places where the bushes are likely to be circled: the ones that need greasing will likely have nipples fitted I would think. Looks like I missed the one where the arm joins the cage ?

cherry picker.jpg

Thank you so much!