help with walls and render to use

Amateur bob

im looking to decide between 

Walls - Basecourse (Buff/Brown Anstone) or (natural sandstone) and 

Render - Drydash white, cream or wet dash white, cream etc 

my knowledge when it comes to these options isnt up to speed can someone give me a bit of help, whats the main difference between the options and whats most cost effective?

thanks!

Wet dash and dry dash

wry similar labour cost  Depending on the chippings that you use Both are usually 3/8 chippings Wet dash the chippings are mixed with sand and cement to a runny concrete type mix and hurled onto atop coat 

Dry is similar but as the name suggests thrown dry onto a top coat 

Dry dash chippings can be quite expensive 

With a multitude of colours 

K rend do both 

2 hours ago, nod said:

Wet dash and dry dash

wry similar labour cost  Depending on the chippings that you use Both are usually 3/8 chippings Wet dash the chippings are mixed with sand and cement to a runny concrete type mix and hurled onto atop coat 

Dry is similar but as the name suggests thrown dry onto a top coat 

Dry dash chippings can be quite expensive 

With a multitude of colours 

K rend do both 

Thanks, its next a farm track so i was thinking for maintenance i.e washing/painting if it gets dusty then wet dash would be handier would this be right? Would u happen to know what the difference between the two basecoat options would be? Thanks!

They exactly The same base coat 3 sand one cement 

Top coat 4 sand 1 cement 

Wet dash 4-2-1

Four stone two sand one cement 

Wet dash once cured is indestructible 

We often use white cement in in the top coat and in with the WD

and a spade of lime It will dry a creamy white and never need painting 

• Like 1

Wet dash , called slap dash in NI, is like wrapping the wall in iron. Once it's on it never comes off. It's the dirtiest job you would ever do. Stuff gets everywhere. 

Dry dash is nicer to look at. You can get different colour of stones which sparkle in the sun. I have some quartzite through mine which shines in the sun. But you couldn't really hose it down much or the stones will fall out after a few goes.

18 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Wet dash , called slap dash in NI, is like wrapping the wall in iron. Once it's on it never comes off. It's the dirtiest job you would ever do. Stuff gets everywhere. 

Dry dash is nicer to look at. You can get different colour of stones which sparkle in the sun. I have some quartzite through mine which shines in the sun. But you couldn't really hose it down much or the stones will fall out after a few goes.

yes this is my concern stones falling off as i may need to hose it down every so often, would you happen to know the difference in basecourse options which is cheaper etc? thanks

They both use a scratch coat for the base.

Cost wise their wouldn't really be much difference.

If you want it white or a different colour than cement grey then it will cost more to wet dash. 

If you want a nicer looking stone then it will cost more.

• Like 1