Isotex vs Izodom 2000

Hi there,
Can't decide between Isotex and Izodom for my self build. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm based in the west of Ireland, so want a very strong and solid house, hence leaning towards ICF. I don't want to use traditional cavity because I'm hoping to go for passive standards.

Thanks! ?

I'm not sure about Isotex, but I had quotes from Izodom and Thermhouse (just down the road from you)..and there wasn't much in it, I think THermohouse was slightly more expensive. (but the carriage costs on Izodom coming in from Poland  would have made them equal)

Thermohouse have a good few clients in the Kerry, Cork area.

If you are going ICF, make sure you visit another house that is being poured first, to get an Idea about how important bracing is, I wish I had done that instead of trusting the installers supplied by Thermohouse, great product but the guy they put forward thought he was gods gift to building, but didn't internally brace one of my T walls, leading to a large bulge.

On 03/06/2020 at 15:43, Doniemc said:

I don't want to use traditional cavity because I'm hoping to go for passive standards.

Thanks! ?

You can widen the cavity to get passive standards very easily. A few folk on here building 300mm cavities, myself included.