ICF and stone outer - real stone or slips?

BotusBuild

Stone Slip or Real Stone  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Hopefully a simple poll ....

I need to choose whether to use stone slips on the outside of an ICF build (likely Nudura) or have a cavity and then a full stone wall. I will be doing this work myself.

So which to choose - stone slips or full stone?

Not the whole house but I’m having a stone front elevation. 

My choice at the moment is being led by material availability. 

I live in an area with loads of local quarries so ideally I would use a local stone. 

However I don’t like the look of it and it looks to old lady cottage, when we are looking for sharp new world. 

So I think I’m going slips, even though it is not the logical answer, so I think your choice is down to what the finished product needs to look like. 

• Thanks 1

I cannot see a problem in using real stone at any thickness  if you build it up and totally fill with mortar to the ICF.

don,t see any need for cavity providing you don,t leave holes in it for water to gather in-then freeze and expand .

just thick brick slips  if you like 

I am seriously considering cropping my lovely grey creetown granite into 100mm thick  bits(approx 300mm to start with)  and doing just that  

so it looks like it is made rom granite

If it will crop thinner .all the better 

I would have been tempted to use the thick bits as they are --but i couldn,t work with them at that weight 

• Thanks 1