Recommendation for a Soil Investigation in Edinburgh

AliG

Hi,

I have got a few names from Google but thought someone may have a recommendation of someone they know/have used.

We will probably use MBC for the foundations and frame on my parents' house so will need a soil report for them. The SE organised it for my house, but it was extremely expensive and included the costs of coming up from England and staying overnight which seems a total waste of money. There is no SE involved at the moment so I am trying to see if I can organise it myself for  more reasonable price.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I had a price for the survey, although tbh they were a bit funny about it saying that they couldn't do anything as they were in lockdown. This was fine and I said I didn't need it for a few weeks and would arrange a specific time then.

Then I emailed on Sunday saying I was ready to progress and they emailed back saying they had retired due to ill health. This is fair enough, but it might have been nice if they had recommended someone else or proactively told me earlier.

Of course, I don't have the details of other people I planned to get a quote from a month ago, I found one place last night which I will email, but if anyone else has a recommendation that would be very helpful.

Edited by AliG

• 1 month later...