Commercial pv

Anybody know what the score is with a business exporting excess energy. 

What im thinking is this ?? we have two holiday lets, if I have a big pv bank for these are there any incentives to install it, feed in tariffs or anything. 

I know the domestic market has dried up but what about business use. .??

Edited by Russell griffiths

3 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Anybody know what the score is with a business exporting excess energy. 

Are there any feed in tariffs at the moment, 

basically same as private 

how big a ssytem 

there are some companies that will do a deal on supplying a pv system if its big enough and if they can get supply contracts with very local users ,so then you could be getting a much bigger rate 

eg your rent them space and they pay you a yearly fee ,but would want a 20 year lease  and they find local big users to buy it 

Edited by scottishjohn

35 x300w ?

10.5kw not really commercial  and will your DNO allow you to pump that much back in , not even enough to really run a house off grid even with batteries -- no money to made there 

why do you say commercial not really big enough for any commercial solar comapny to be interested in 

when I looked at the jetty  the 30 acres was going to be 3 mw

when i first looked they would do a PPA scheme where they paid me 25K a year for 20 years  -then rate dropped and now only interested if i had big users very close ,so they could do a 10year deal to sell to them 

The bottom line is the FIT has gone.

You CAN still get an export payment, the best on offer seems to be 5.5p per kWh and for that, the system must be installed by an MCS engineer and you must have a smart meter to measure export.

Rough guess 10.5kWp is going to generate about 6500kWh per year so you would get paid about £360 for that.

The payback time is just way to long.  Not viable on that basis.  I still believe PV is only viable now if you can get the kit very cheap and self install and then self use most of what you generate.  On that basis I am expecting a 6 year payback.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

Rough guess 10.5kWp is going to generate about 6500kWh per year so you would get paid about £360 for that

agreed ,but if elec supply cost are painfully high --then in reality by using it you would be getting a vlaue of 15p ?a unit

but thst still only £1000 ish

I looked at an off grid 20kw system with self start gen +batteries etc  £30-40k

so cost for connection needs to be very high to be a winner