New Member - Embarking on Self Build in Bristol

AjitSingh213

Hi All!

Just signed up to BuildHub as we are in the early phases of our self build project and thought it would be good to talk to other self builders and join the community. 

To provide a bit of context I am looking to do a self-build with my partner, we are both living at home with my parents to save up enough money which we have now, but we are both first time buyers. We are looking to build a flat pack/kit home and are currently searching for land in Bristol. We have identified plots of land and have had them assessed at a high level by the kit house companies, planning consultants and architects (and carried out our own assessments) to ascertain whether the plot is feasible to build on. We have just sent letters to the land owners expressing our interest in purchasing so fingers crossed someone comes back saying they are interested in selling! They are mainly large garden plots. 

The main thing that we are probably looking for support, advice and guidance on, is searching for and securing land, so if anyone has some tips and tricks, please get in touch!

Ajit

22 hours ago, AjitSingh213 said:

Hi! Interesting, how far are you through your project?

The roof is on and Im nearly watertight. I built with Logix ICF, if you are interested you're welcome to come for a look around