Quick VAT Question - Invoices

Due to the COVID-19 situation, The local builders merchants is only dealing with account holders.  I did set up a couple of cash accounts, before the whole pandemic happened, but at the preffered location, we said we would do credit card purchases [half a percent cash back !]  so no need for account.

So due to this, and desperate to get on, my groundworker has ordered materials and invoiced me direct.  

So some questions :-

1) Is this invoice [see redacted attached] ok for a VAT claim, as the total cost is not broken down.

2) I dont not have the delivery notes, as he has them for his records, is that ok

3) do I have to fill in every item or just use "Various Building Materials" in the description.

Regards

A  

invoice.jpg

Yes this is fine as long as it’s in your name.

You don’t need delivery notes at all. 

A summary in the claim is ok. See an example of my submission. 

48712CD3-3BA7-4572-A3B5-B93684557004.jpeg

9 hours ago, Blooda said:

Due to the COVID-19 situation, The local builders merchants is only dealing with account holders.  I did set up a couple of cash accounts, before the whole pandemic happened, but at the preffered location, we said we would do credit card purchases [half a percent cash back !]  so no need for account.

So due to this, and desperate to get on, my groundworker has ordered materials and invoiced me direct.  

So some questions :-

1) Is this invoice [see redacted attached] ok for a VAT claim, as the total cost is not broken down.

2) I dont not have the delivery notes, as he has them for his records, is that ok

3) do I have to fill in every item or just use "Various Building Materials" in the description.

Regards

A  

invoice.jpg

That looks ok to me. A key point is that it's only for the supply of materials. If he had invoiced for labour only, or  materials and labour on the same invoice, then then it should be zero rated to you.