How close can an ASHP be sited to a MVHR vent

Left this a bit late and BPC shut for the day. I need to build my external block wall tomorrow on the exterior of the timber frame. I will have to put 3 pipes in the wall to take the flow/return and power for the ASHP so I can seal them from the outside to the frame. I am proposing to  use 50mm pipe for the wet pipes to leave enough room to insulate round the pipes afterwards (Passive) and 20mm duct for the power, does this sound ok or would people use smaller pipes? Do not know make of ASHP yet so do not know if I will need 28mm or 22mm pipes.

How close can the ASHP be sited next to MVHR vents? I have a low level vent, approx 500mm off the floor and one at 2.2m and they are 1.5m apart and cannot anywhere else. TIA

On 05/06/2020 at 18:13, ProDave said:

MUCH larger for cables.  You will likely need power and control cables. I suggest 50mm black duct through the wall for cables.

What size cables are we roughly talking about pls @ProDave? And how many?

On 05/06/2020 at 18:07, Pete said:

Managed to speak with BPC and they said minimum of 500mm of space between ASHP and MVHR vents

Good to know this, our plans currently have the ASHP and MVHR ducts a couple of metres apart. Phew.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

What size cables are we roughly talking about pls @ProDave? And how many?

At least one power cable and one control cable.  It is very much dependant on make.  I have a 50mm duct through my wall.  Two 20mm conduits pass through that, one for power and one for control cables.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dpmiller said:

With control cables you need to watch out for non-removable plugs...

I take it you mean like an ethernet cable that has a plug on the end so you need to make sure your duct can accommodate this plug width?