Boarding rates

eandg

Had my first quote in for boarding rates from a firm my mate works with and just wondering how it stacks up compared to others. Average of £8.26/board for mix of 2700x1200x12.5 (for downstairs walls), 2400x1200x12.5 (upstairs walls) and 2400x1200x15 (all ceilings) including moisture resistant boards for all wet areas, then £7.25/m2 for labour, £1/m2 for fixings and £7.25/lineal metre for timber strappings (which I presume are battens). I've not yet worked out what that all means but is it good/ballpark/should I shop about?

6 minutes ago, nod said:

Very very Cheap

I run a plastering and framing business I pay 2.50 m2 and a £1 a board for carrying them in 

Cheers. I was told it'd definitely be mates rates with the odd board taken off a pallet on other jobs but just wanted the sense check. 

Edited by eandg

I'm probably being thick, but not sure I follow.

As I've understood it @eandg price is :-

Your £8.26 / board is for the plasterboard itself?

It's £7.25/m2 for carrying the boards inside and the labour for fixing.

£1/m2 for the fixings (the cost of the actual fixings)

£7.25 / linear metre for the timber strapping. Presumably these are battens for masonry builds - not needed on timber frame?

@nod - are you paying £2.50 / m2 for the boards or is that your labour cost? 

Does there exist a simple example of cost per m2 to board and skim including labour and materials? We've got massive vaulted ceilings upstairs and I've rather surprised myself that there's 1200 m2 of area to be boarded and skimmed and I can't work out if I've budgeted enough (probably not).

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I'm probably being thick, but not sure I follow.

As I've understood it @eandg price is :-

Your £8.26 / board is for the plasterboard itself?

It's £7.25/m2 for carrying the boards inside and the labour for fixing.

£1/m2 for the fixings (the cost of the actual fixings)

£7.25 / linear metre for the timber strapping. Presumably these are battens for masonry builds - not needed on timber frame?

@nod - are you paying £2.50 / m2 for the boards or is that your labour cost? 

Does there exist a simple example of cost per m2 to board and skim including labour and materials? We've got massive vaulted ceilings upstairs and I've rather surprised myself that there's 1200 m2 of area to be boarded and skimmed and I can't work out if I've budgeted enough (probably not).

Thanks.

Yes, worked out the supply as £8.26 a board. And the rest are what I've got to tot up. We're going with SIPs so will need battens to board onto and create service voids. 

From what I'm told you struggle to find any partitioning contractors with plasterers on board, if you pardon the pun, at least in Scotland where a good plasterer is a sought after commodity. 

35 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

The board price doesn't look great to me.

The Labour price if just for fixing looks dear too. Over 20 quid a sheet for tacking

Back to the drawing board!

1 hour ago, Oz07 said:

He is the man in the know with regards boarding here but I reckon @nod has read that wrong and assumed your 7.50 labour price is per board not per m2. 

I read the £1 m2 fixing 

Have misread ? Wouldn’t be the first time ?