Minimalist wash basin table

.... wanted at a sensible price.

Lord Love a Duck, what you can get from Italy in terms of minimalist design is so expensive, they wont tell you the price. And the Nordics are almost as bad. Hard on their heels is this German  (German for Gods Sake!) offering of a sheet of melamine covered board for 398 Euro - down from over a 1000.

Nuff to send @Russell griffiths round the bend.

I've wasted hours on Tinternet looking for what I have concluded is a company that rips off Italian and Nordic designs and sells good copies at a sensible price.

How about using some of the solid laminate from the likes of Worktop Express? It's very nice stuff (a friend installed in her new kitchen extension recently) and would double up perfectly well for this purpose.

• Thanks 1

This is what I have just done for ours.

vanity_unit.thumb.jpg.457212833a0da289da6b83570d2c1f27.jpg

Simple frame of painted wood.

The "worktop" at the moment is a sheet of multipanel, left over from the other bathroom, and in this picture missing it's edging strips as everyone is out of stock at the moment.

The basin was £45 from B&Q before discounts, I think I paid £38 in total for it.  I forget where the tap came from. but B&Q did not have a tall mixer tap to go with the basins they sell.

That might not be the permanent worktop.  We wanted this one https://www.wickes.co.uk/Zenith-Rouille-Laminate-Worktop-12-5x600x3000mm/p/148757#

That is one of the trendy thin kitchen worktops.  Unfortunately at the moment Howdens only stock grey or grey.  We like that one but it's pricey and at the moment Wickes won't deliver it and it's not in stock anywhere in Scotland.  So the Multipanel offcut will remain probably for a while, who know, forever?

Similar price but at least it is stone resin not laminate

https://www.lussostone.com/countertops-c15

This Tavistock stuff is Corian and a bit cheaper, available in various sizes and can be cut. Should be a lot more water proof than laminate

https://www.designerbathroomconcepts.com/tavistock-1280mm-solid-surface-worktop.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt56h8K3X6QIVV-vtCh0ESgpgEAQYAiABEgKdl_D_BwE

15 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Thanks folks, got the thinking juices flowing now..... like the idea of repurposing stuff: and tada .... I have some toughened glass somewhere. (but where? FGS)

Could get that frosted innit?

Not sure if you need a hole for a waste, but you can't drill glass once it has been toughened, it just shatters.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ProDave said:

This is what I have just done for ours.

vanity_unit.thumb.jpg.457212833a0da289da6b83570d2c1f27.jpg

Simple frame of painted wood.

The "worktop" at the moment is a sheet of multipanel, left over from the other bathroom, and in this picture missing it's edging strips as everyone is out of stock at the moment.

The basin was £45 from B&Q before discounts, I think I paid £38 in total for it.  I forget where the tap came from. but B&Q did not have a tall mixer tap to go with the basins they sell.

That might not be the permanent worktop.  We wanted this one https://www.wickes.co.uk/Zenith-Rouille-Laminate-Worktop-12-5x600x3000mm/p/148757#

That is one of the trendy thin kitchen worktops.  Unfortunately at the moment Howdens only stock grey or grey.  We like that one but it's pricey and at the moment Wickes won't deliver it and it's not in stock anywhere in Scotland.  So the Multipanel offcut will remain probably for a while, who know, forever?

Ai Caramba !

A discount from B&Q that actually landed at the till...