finding list of deregitered "u" roads

my planning has gone in and roads are now giving me problems cos the say it is a "disused track"-and totally over grown and impassable and it needs to be a sealed road--shows how upto date they are 

even though it is or was tarmaced  and in full use in the 1970,s

I can remember seeing an old map on line somehwere where it gave the road numbers on both the one that is current and the spur which goes to my house ,which in the past was also  a "u" road -

-in the fifties there 70 people working there andi nthe early part of the 19th and late part of the 18th century it was over 400 people 

of course the councilwebsite does not show any deleted "u roads "that were deleted before 195,which was when they went computerised

any body got an idea where i can find an old list  ot old maps that will show it

It is a private track to access your house.  No different to if it were a bare plot and you were proposing a new house and a new track.  Surely all that highways are interested in, is that the junction where your private track meets the public road has sufficient visibility and meets their access requirements (that may nor may not mean some alterations to what you have)

You only have to build the track to highways standard and tar it if it serves more than 4 houses.

I like this old map site because you can compare how different editions of a map portray the same area https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=5&lat=56.00000&lon=-4.00000&layers=1&right=BingHyb

33 minutes ago, ProDave said:

It is a private track to access your house.  No different to if it were a bare plot and you were proposing a new house and a new track.  Surely all that highways are interested in, is that the junction where your private track meets the public road has sufficient visibility and meets their access requirements (that may nor may not mean some alterations to what you have)

You only have to build the track to highways standard and tar it if it serves more than 4 houses.

I like this old map site because you can compare how different editions of a map portray the same area https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=5&lat=56.00000&lon=-4.00000&layers=1&right=BingHyb

it is not  now but it was a "U" road --they are trying to infer it was never a road and unmettaled ,which it is not- its got old tarmac ,which iam gradually and carefully trying to expose

they are even asking for passing places --the current U road which it joins to which only goes to kirkambreck farm ,has no psssing places --so they are asking me to build itto a different standard than the road they currently maintain 

I can go to lots of maps right back to 1800,s which show road to quarry +kirkmabreck house ,or quarry house as it was known ip to 1803 and none to farm --cos it was not there then .

Just want to find the old U number for the road 

Edited by scottishjohn

1 minute ago, Temp said:

I don't know unclassified roads were numbered but Google tells me some council's numbered them. Perhaps try the open gov database which Google says has data on unclassified roads in Dorset for example.

https://data.gov.uk/dataset/10040590-b054-40a7-a13e-e0068129821c/unclassified-roads

dum & gal has a list of current  U roads but not ones that are no longer maintained 

16 hours ago, ProDave said:

It is a private track to access your house.

I think the problem is its not a private track but an old public road. If it was private there probably wouldn't be an issue.

We have a similar road near us that's an old drovers route. Some ruts are so deep they come up to your waist and the brambles cross in the middle. When 4*4 drivers started using 4 years ago the council said its was still officially a highway but they must have changed its status soon after that because they put a proper barrier across it.