Fixing but difficult to access

KM4344

Hi guys a have a difficult one (or maybe not) I have some wood panels with a an upright support at the front. I need to tighten the panels from the rear to the support but l dont have any access from the rear. Any ideas on how i can go about this? Any special fixings that work with this type of arrangement. Thanks in advance....

There are several variations on this theme..

Glue a "block" of wood to the front side of the panel next to the upright. When dry pull on the block to pull the panel to the upright. Then screw or bolt through the block to the upright. Cut off any excess block. You can also put glue between the panel and upright before pulling on the block. 

Or..

Drill holes in the panel. Tie a rope to the middle of a bolt to make a T shape. Push bolt through hole and jiggle it until you can't pull it back through. Use rope to pull panel to the support while glue dries. When dry use narrow nose pliers or similar to turn bolt so it can be withdrawn through hole or just cut rope and let bolt drop behind panel. Fill hole with plug. 

Or

Drill holes either side of upright. Pass semi rigid wire or cable tie through one hole and guide it to the other. Grab with pliers and pull it through so both ends now on your side. Glue as above. Pull wire and tighten around support.

Edited by Temp