Different method of building a 2 skinned building.

Ttw

I cant get access to next doors or the adjacent property to build my garden room. I'm wondering if it's possible to build it all off the slab within the new build (8mx4m)

Im trying to find out if its doable by building the external block work first then using a full fill cavity insulation as I'll not be able to use the original idea of 50mm kingspan. (cavity 100mm)

Any advice would be massively appreciated. 

Why not timberframe 

build the frame on the floor and clad the outside 

then stand it up

you only need to get to the corners to put some corner trim on. 

Its done like this for a few modular buildings. 

It can be built overhand, but how are you proposing to weatherproof the block work, 100mm blocks are notoriously porous. 

Edited by Russell griffiths

Access for maintenance might be an issue for timber frame. I think blocks usually have to be rendered to make them frost proof as well? What say others? Bricks can be done "overhand" but bricklayers don't like it. 

7 hours ago, Ttw said:

I cant get access to next doors or the adjacent property to build my garden room. I'm wondering if it's possible to build it all off the slab within the new build (8mx4m)

Im trying to find out if its doable by building the external block work first then using a full fill cavity insulation as I'll not be able to use the original idea of 50mm kingspan. (cavity 100mm)

Any advice would be massively appreciated. 

why would you build it so close to boundary  

500mm+ in and you can just about get to it to build it anyway you choose,and maintain it in future

5 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

why would you build it so close to boundary  

500mm+ in and you can just about get to it to build it anyway you choose,and maintain it in future

Unfortunately my garden isn't of a big enough size to move it in, I'm basically building it the full width of my garden and stepping it forward enough to get a fence up at the rear if required however the neighbours are OK with staring at a block wall however I'll be able to get round with enough space to render or clad it of some sort. It just seems easier to build off the slab. 

7 minutes ago, Ttw said:

Unfortunately my garden isn't of a big enough size to move it in, I'm basically building it the full width of my garden and stepping it forward enough to get a fence up at the rear if required however the neighbours are OK with staring at a block wall however I'll be able to get round with enough space to render or clad it of some sort. It just seems easier to build off the slab. 

think about the fance maybe you can make post holes you drop the fance into fater you built it?

If  not i would make it smaller to get trhe space --your call