DELTA FRAME AND Trim saw. How do you call it.

Patrick

Trying to buy one of these

a0a2e763-b28b-4b23-a797-14b04de70ed7_lar

Americans call them frame and trim saw.

Nothing on ebay or online anywhere in the UK. Closest thing is circular saw with guides/ rail. But thats not what I need. I got a mitre saw, but the ones you can buy/the ones I see online only allow to cut 300mm wide boards maximum. These(from the photo) do up to 600mm, which is exactly what I need. Is there anything similar and if yes, where can I find it/what is it called?

Look out for a RADIAL ARM SAW loads on e bay. 

I take it this is to cut your i joists. 

Big bit of kit, you will need to make a long table to sit it on and bring every i joist to the saw, it is sometimes easier to take the saw to the timber, just make a jig for multiple cuts and use a  circular saw. 

• Thanks 1

Never heard of those before, I have a tile cutter that’s similar!!! Did find this one but not big enough for you I guess. I also have a triton work centre that allows the saw to slide above the wood but not sure of max width (it’s buried in my container so can’t measure it,

https://www.toolstation.com/triton-twx7-910w-project-saw-127mm/p10002?store=FB&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3ScUclkwM3_mIg1ec0NL3Cgx9zDSOqmAe9ba_5q_gi-8EBHgdA4oORhoCzUwQAvD_BwE

if Russel is right and you want it for I beams , I have a large radial arm saw but far too much trouble carrying the beans into my workshop, I made a jig/guide for my circular saw to cut them in situ.

Edited by joe90

@joe90

This is very close but just about 50mm to short. Need more than 500mm.

@Russell griffiths

Amazing. Thanks a lot. That s perfect for me. Exactly what I was looking for. You're right with the taking the saw to the I beam part, but this one is not for my house,  it s for work and the radial arm saw exactly does what I need.

This forum is so f...ing usefull. Time after time after time?

• Like 1

I had an old 10" radial arm saw, a DeWalt 110 I think it was. Very useful saw, but mine was underpowered with only a 1kw motor, so I'd advise getting a newer one with a bigger motor and going to 12* blades. 

They seem to sell quite cheaply secondhand, but they are heavy beasts, not portable. 

41 minutes ago, Miek said:

but they are heavy beasts, not portable. 

definitely ? But once set up in a “station” with large in and out tables very useful. Great fir “troughing”.

Edited by joe90

DW110 --that brings back memories of the 70,s

I used to make and sell custom speaker cabinets  in exchange +mart using one,

no internet or ebay then  

it was that and making kitchen units that funded my first garage .that and selling 8 track car  units  on there -my bedroom at home was full of them -had to but 200 at at time to get price right -

using conti board which was really chipboard wrapped in fablon like material --or  real wood veneer  

it was so accurate i could do a 45 angle cut from both sides,not cutting the wood grain plastic facing , then fold the conti board to make a cabinet.

cut rebates inboth ends for the speaker carrier board and back lid

and send as a kit for the DIY hi-fi  nerds to build thier own 

biggest ones i did -a special order -were 6ft tall and 3ft wide and 2ft deep -with another cabinet2"smaller  to fit inside -which he was going to fill the gap with sand 

never heard the outcome of it 

• Like 1