Soundbloc PB job.

zoothorn

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I do know and have told you as has Peter. As long as it grips by just enough the no nails will do the rest once it goes off. The round area gets filled by the filler (odd that, eh?) you're going to smear over it once the no nails has set. 

You have said to put a bit of batten 'across the hole'.. but Onoff how can I fix this without access to the top side?! (your photo eg shows a pov from the battenside/ topside I can't access).

Peter suggested a different idea, attatching the round to a bit of batten / passing it all up & pulling down to fix.. but I cannot get the damn thing in.

So its perhaps just a bit of clarity is all I'm asking: why on earth is it so hard for you to divulge?? you say 'Ive told you' but not enough that I can understand that's all.

-----

The round area must have a 'back' for the filler to push against (fine on the area of the batten.. but either side of this-?) or it'll just squidge up/ out. And what type of 'filler' you had in mind Ive no idea (polyfiller? foam? gun/ silicone stuff? thistle bonding?).

Right I got a plan with a hook & weight. only way I can think to glue batten in with 2 good ears > glue in round/ stick pushing up to set. LE foam for glue I don't have other. jesus this has made my head hurt.

thanks- zH

Not sure why the problem as the whole thing should feed up into the space and slide across. 

If you’re struggling then just replace the screw with a bit of string and use that to pull the disc into place with the batten on the back. 

Polyfilla is fine to fill round the edges 

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Not sure why the problem as the whole thing should feed up into the space and slide across. 

If you’re struggling then just replace the screw with a bit of string and use that to pull the disc into place with the batten on the back. 

Polyfilla is fine to fill round the edges 

Its ok Peter- thanks, just got the batten in & paint can hanging off a hook in its midpoint/ setting overnight/ looks ok. fix round in tmrw.

I just couldn't feed/ fettle it around to get it in yourway.. so done in 2 stages ~ like Onoff's idea just glue & weight instead of screws to fix batten.

Faff sorted. thanks chaps. g'night.

6 hours ago, zoothorn said:

but Onoff how can I fix this without access to the top side?! (your photo eg shows a pov from the battenside/ topside I can't access).

Erm...no. 

My photo shows the batten ROOM SIDE. If you read the text I wanted a battenless fix top side so I affixed my disc of pb with a batten either side which I removed afterwards. I could get to the top side of course.

Yet another way, you just have to be a bit clever getting a screw up from underneath into a loose batten above that is going to spin a bit.....if not then put the batten up first and pull it down on some no nails . Let set, then screw or just stick your disc in. 

Or just stick your batten to the disc without any screw and let it set. Once set, screw a long screw in and use that to pull it down into the blobbed no nails on the edge of the hole. 

@Onoff ok I misunderstood your photo I think.. nevermind followed your plan more or less, & filled with foam then general plaster/ it won't  be super smooth multi finish (my bag went off super quick/ one lump/ unuseable) but it'll do, esp for a workshop.

Actually my hook idea was pretty nifty if I may say! hanging a full can of paint from it, mmm perhaps wasn't! had my eyes closed opening door this Am.

Progress pics. I got a C heating system instal next week.. so needed to get cracking painting (one big rad in each room below window). Air source heat pump, Vaillant/ 8 rads inc towel rail for my diddy 1.5 x 1.5 bathroom.. all foc/ amazing. I just thought tho, whether I've jumped the gun on the BCO on this front.. but had no choice, the Co said they had only next week suddenly to install it.

thanks- zoot

009.JPG

010.JPG

014.JPG

29 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

foc? really?

I imagine on the back of a grant via the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive scheme but I didn't think the grant covered the installation costs?

Guess the installer pockets the 7 year tariff to cover the install?

Same as when PV installers were doing free installs and taking the FiT.

8 hours ago, dpmiller said:

foc? really?

Yes.. so far as I can tell: I've asked many times Q's like "pls tell me, any hidden costs/ stings/ any install costs to me other than running costs of it-?" : Ive asked this to the surveyor who came for evaluation/ measuring, the main chap at office, the plumber whose doing majority of fitting (& even removing old tank too). And answer's been a firm no- nothing at all. And all prior govt paperwork concurs 'good news.. you are eligible for fully funded blah etc etc'.

It does seem too good to be true tho, but I can't do anymore than I have to establish that it is, all foc.. & therefore grab the opportunity. Even my two new rooms here each will have a new big rad in, & the bathroom fitting a water-filled towel rail rad (cos its too diddy to get their smallest W rad in).

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2020 at 15:32, Onoff said:

Sounds like mine or thereabouts. Just had a week of mayhem & its installed.. I'll do a thread on it as its a complicated system.

• 1 month later...

If I'm putting workbenches around 2 sides of my lower room1, is there any need for skirting on these 2 sides? I have a 1cm gap between btm edge of pB & caber floor.. but under/ back of worktops so won't be seen..

Its more a Q if any trim is needed for structural reasons, moisture getting to under-edge of pB? I don't know.

thx zoot.

005.JPG